Speculation: Taylor Hall on the block?

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Remenda was a superb commentator. He was not afraid to criticize the Sharks and hold them accountable.

It is always nice to get the unique insight of former players, but it was also nice getting Remenda's insights as a former coach.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I'm pretty over Drew. I don't love Jamie but I don't think the color commentary has hurt the product since then. And I think Hedican explains hockey plays better anyways. Not sure when they stopped doing them but I think the main thing we lost with Drew was some of the fun behind the scene videos they did like:

Feel like they stopped in 06-07.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I ruined 4000 televisions, throwing the remote at the screen, every time that a**hat said head on a swivel while he was color for the Sharks. One thing in certain, he was very polarizing amongst the fan base.
Do you know how many times that gets said in actual hockey games? More than you think... Your hyperbole aside, Drew was just more animated and enjoyable to listen to. As a former coach he had plenty of insight in the strategy but Hedi and KCS provide interesting insight from the players perspective but none of the 3 are as natural as Drew was on TV. In my 40+ years watching hockey, the only pair I prefer to Randy and Drew was Gary Thorne and Bill Clement.

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Remenda was a superb commentator. He was not afraid to criticize the Sharks and hold them accountable.

It is always nice to get the unique insight of former players, but it was also nice getting Remenda's insights as a former coach.

Except for players that he liked. He did everything he could to not criticize Douglas Murray when he absolutely deserved it.

Red Light Lover

Jun 6, 2015
Oakland, CA
Do you know how many times that gets said in actual hockey games? More than you think... Your hyperbole aside, Drew was just more animated and enjoyable to listen to. As a former coach, he had plenty of insight in the strategy but Hedi and KCS provide interesting insight from the player's perspective but none of the 3 are as natural as Drew was on TV. In my 40+ years watching hockey, the only pair I prefer to Randy and Drew was Gary Thorne and Bill Clement.
Exactly as I said, he was very polarizing. I found that he talked down to his audience and mostly just repeated his same 3 or 4 points ad nauseam. Glad you enjoyed it. I'm grateful he's gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad