Speculation: Taylor Hall on the block?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Have to think it would be 2-4 picks, players, prospects plus 1 or more conditional assets if re-signed.

Guessing they'd be more likely to trade with WC team.

Might be something like Labanc, Heed, Chmelevski plus conditional pick.

Reactions: Pistol Pete

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017

Have to think it would be 2-4 picks, players, prospects plus 1 or more conditional assets if re-signed.

Don’t get me excited like that lol. Thought one of the reporters had us linked by the title lol.

I doubt it would even take that much without an extension in place. I’d imagine the EK65 deal but a little less, and EK65 had over a year left on his contract.

I’d guess something like LaBanc + Gregor + 2nd and a conditional third that becomes a second if we make the WCF or a first if he resigns or we make the SCF for hall @ 50%

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Don’t get me excited like that lol. Thought one of the reporters had us linked by the title lol.

I doubt it would even take that much without an extension in place. I’d imagine the EK65 deal but a little less, and EK65 had over a year left on his contract.

I’d guess something like LaBanc + Gregor + 2nd and a conditional third that becomes a second if we make the WCF or a first if he resigns or we make the SCF for hall @ 50%

Only way I move LaBanc is if Hall is going to re-sign 100%. No point moving Labanc if the return is a rental.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Feel like Vlasic or Jones would have to go somewhere to fit Hall in for more than one season.

Also downer, but I don't see Sharks having the assets to get him. The last big "steals" that DW did, the players all had some sort of trade clause (Karlsson, Boyle, Heatley).
Hall has no clause. It would require a Thornton-level of GM incompetence.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
What WTFetus stated above, or barring a player with a significant contract on LTIR. All the pricey contracts that could be traded have either a NMC, or a M-NTC with a 3 team trade list. That's basically a NMC.

Even if Jumbo retires, that's only 1/3rd of Hall's contract.

Reactions: Sandisfan

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I imagine that if DW acquires Hall, it will be because, like with Karlsson, he was willing to not tie a lot of assets to the condition of a new contract.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Feel like Vlasic or Jones would have to go somewhere to fit Hall in for more than one season.

Also downer, but I don't see Sharks having the assets to get him. The last big "steals" that DW did, the players all had some sort of trade clause (Karlsson, Boyle, Heatley).
Hall has no clause. It would require a Thornton-level of GM incompetence.
EK65 went for so little because he wouldn’t sign with any team trying to acquire him. It’s been reported that Hall won’t sign until the season is over, so essentially the same thing. He’s going to fetch a high end rental price, not a sign and trade price like Stone.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
download (3).jpeg

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I think it’s funny how many people say “this will never happen” - have you learned nothing from reading old EK65 trade threads?! THIS IS DW

But yeah it’s likely not going to happen

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I think it’s funny how many people say “this will never happen” - have you learned nothing from reading old EK65 trade threads?! THIS IS DW

Is as bad as the silly we don't have the assets to make this trade.

5H4RK5

May 3, 2007
I think we are good we have

Try this often due to Burns being a superior skater to Laine

Burns Hertl Sorensen
Labanc Couture Meier
Kane Thornton Karlsson
Clowe Marleau Gregor
We only need one to step up Gambrell, Sumo or Radil if not go after rumored Pageau trade

Vlasic Karlsson
Burns Simek
Dillon Ferraro
Heed

Jones Dell

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011

DW is a wizard, but it is in part BECAUSE of the EK65 trade that Hall to the Sharks won't happen. That trade and subsequent re-signing depleted both our assets and cap space.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
DW is a wizard, but it is in part BECAUSE of the EK65 trade that Hall to the Sharks won't happen. That trade and subsequent re-signing depleted both our assets and cap space.

Like I said, I don’t think it’ll happen but we DO have assets to trade for an expiring Hall contract: any of Gregor, Chlemevski, Checkhovich, Dillon, some picks, Merkley, hell even Goodrow (you know DW can spin him into a top 6 forward/elite PKer...).

you know, we got Karlsson for Tierney, Norris and Balcers... we have those kind of players available.

Again — unlikely? Sure. Impossible? See: DW’s track record.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think we are good we have

Try this often due to Burns being a superior skater to Laine

Burns Hertl Sorensen
Labanc Couture Meier
Kane Thornton Karlsson
Clowe Marleau Gregor
We only need one to step up Gambrell, Sumo or Radil if not go after rumored Pageau trade

Vlasic Karlsson
Burns Simek
Dillon Ferraro
Heed

Jones Dell
What? Did you read before you posted this or is it a joke?

Jul 10, 2010
i think based on LeBruns speculation, your looking at a trade similar to Stone's where he comes with an extension but the team gives up a prospect like Brannstrom and additional lesser assets.

Based on the main boards, Montreal could be a player for him using Suzuki,

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015

*looks at standings*
*looks at Taylor Hall*
We’re a wildcard team!

If you do it in season, I think something around:

Labanc + Melker (plus)

NJD are one of the worst special teams in the league. Labanc and Karlsson both immediately help on the PP and PK. Labanc, besides the jersey roots, adds value for now and the future. Throw in some picks and prospects, and I think it makes a lot of sense.

The other option to consider would be Timo. I know, I know, he’s great - but is it better to have 10 more years of Timo or 5 of Taylor Hall? I think Hall has the higher ceiling so to speak. He is closer to physical peak, but still young enough, that I don’t expect a decline for at least another 4-5 years. I think NJD would have to add - but Hall is closer to our win now mindset while Timo fits NJD rebuild.

Hall + NJD 1st (Top 10 protected... so next years lol) for Timo + SJS 1st? I don’t think it’s the worst trade we could make.

Last edited:

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Nope. We wouldn’t have the cap to re-sign him and we’re already without our 2020 first. I really don’t want us to trade any more first rounders.

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Even though Hall said he wanted to wait until the summer, that's just the status quo response that he's not returning to NJ. Panarin did the same thing but everyone knew he was going to NYC. Hall doesn't have a destination, if a team really wants him and he likes the fit, I'm sure he would sign. I just don't see anyone paying his price tag especially with how his season is going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad