Value of: Taylor Hall in the Off-Season

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
1 year 4-5M. Signing him long term is a major risk, he hasn't shown any reason to deserve a raise. In fact quite the opposite, I can see someone paying him 6M for a year to take a chance on him but it's a big gamble.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Ovechkins vodka

Sep 22, 2006
From what I've seen, he mainly chose Buffalo due to a combination of Kruger, location and possibility of playing with Eichel. Who knows what happens this offseason with Kruger and Eichel, but he seems to be content playing close to his off season home in southern Ontario & where his and his gf's family are. I suspect he stays in Buffalo if Toronto or Ottawa isn't an option.

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003
I'm like the Barney Stinson of posters.
I'm very anti-30's.

EVERYONE gets worse as they age into their 30's.

Sure you'll occasionally get a Patrice Bergeron, Paul Rudd, Jennifer Aniston, or Gwen Stefani, but those are extreme outliers:

When you lock players longterm into their mid to late 30's you're paying for the 1st picture, but 2nd up with that 2nd picture:
kMI6L0Vmr_HUSz1kXbj9qJ5zt68iElx7x5nVX0BPMUlDUOtTlipg6JcDH9vdupdb_IhMsbZWQECqizsTY0k-jOAM_XEqwg_jzP6Hwb0W2th0Y5-w4klIKQ

84528578.jpg

desktop-1406691768.png

25 is the Peak.

Stop paying for 35 year olds like they're 25.
The wall is undefeated.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I think Seattle will offer the most, and it won't be for a 7 year deal. 4-6 x $7.5-8.5M will get it done.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
He goes to COL on a 1-year deal. Been linked the Avs before, there should be in a better position for a cup run, and their offense gives Hall a chance to rebuild his value in hopes of a final long-term deal.
If he was going to do that he would have done it this past year. Thats when the stars aligned for Hall to the Avs to happen

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
We saw how he did very little in Arizona after being acquired by them for a playoff push.

All Taylor Hall has ever known is losing. We have no idea if he can be a dangerous player come PO time.

fair points no question.

I still think he can be dangerous.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
A semi-connected Sabres writer reported today that Hall and the Sabres have begun talks on an extension. Also reported that IF such a deal were to happen...the rumors are mid-term and lower AAV that what he's on now.

So he’d re-sign because he likes the coach who should get fired?

B) would that put more pressure on keeping the said coach to please Hall?

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Hall will still get a huge contract and sign with Seattle to be "face" of team. No doubt.
Part of me wonders if that's why he only took a 1 year deal with Buffalo. Maybe GM Ron Francis had a call with Hall this off season and said "hey, we want you. We're prepared to give you C right away if you come here. Once in a career opportunity to be a part of something brand new". The promise of being the first captain in team history may've made Hall indifferent on where he signed this season, just took the highest $$$ on a one year deal.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Dont think Hall is going to be all that stoked to go onto ANOTHER rebuilder like the kraken will likely be.

Rebuilder? Really? What is there to rebuild when you have nothing?

Part of me wonders if that's why he only took a 1 year deal with Buffalo. Maybe GM Ron Francis had a call with Hall this off season and said "hey, we want you. We're prepared to give you C right away if you come here. Once in a career opportunity to be a part of something brand new". The promise of being the first captain in team history may've made Hall indifferent on where he signed this season, just took the highest $$$ on a one year deal.

No way that happens. Hall i don't think is really Captain material.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
anyone that gives this guy a longterm deal is going to regret it less than halfway through the deal

He was already beginning to look shot last year in NJ. He doesn't have the same burst anymore.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
How much do you think he makes?

Where does he sign?

In my opinion, it might be a good idea for the Seattle Kraken to sign him. Notable name that can help sell tickets in Seattle on a team that probably won’t have many noteable players
Seattle won't need any help selling tickets.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Well he showed this past offseason that money > winning, so I'm expecting him to go to the highest bidder.

which team would be ready to overpay for him ? When you lose everywhere you are except one fantastic season, maybe you are part of a problem right ?

Hall doesn't make teams better. Period. He's going to go where the money is, and the money will be where a desperate GM is out of ideas(see: Buffalo).

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Taylor Hall is a great player but I don’t think he’s the type of locker room presence you give the C too.I suppose he does lead by what he does on the ice but media had a field day with rumors about Hall and his squad in Edmonton. I suppose there’s a chance he grew out of it.

Personally I see Detroit as a wild card. Theyre close to Ontario, need someone to drive a line, and have the cap space to make an offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad