Player Discussion Taylor Hall III Official re-signed 4 yrs @ 6 million AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
So yesterday hes going to sign an extension and today hes gone....let this play out. But if Sweeney lets Hall walk and goes into the season with the exact forward core they had at the beginning of last season then he deserves to be canned. Not that he will be...
I don’t know how much stock I put in the five words from a Facebook post citing Freidman that says only, “Thinks Hall goes to market.” Nothing more. No sources, no quotes. The beauty of not signing an extension before the expansion draft is we would not have to protect Hall and could protect an additional player. Hoping hard there is a gentleman’s agreement in place to sign the moment that is possible.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I don’t know how much stock I put in the five words from a Facebook post citing Freidman that says only, “Thinks Hall goes to market.” Nothing more. No sources, no quotes. The beauty of not signing an extension before the expansion draft is we would not have to protect Hall and could protect an additional player. Hoping hard there is a gentleman’s agreement in place to sign the moment that is possible.
Money usually talks ,yeah he may not go to a team like Buffalo,but I don’t expect him to sign with the Bruins if they aren’t in the ball park of what other teams may offer him ,with dollar amount and length of contract.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
If Hall goes on to chase the almighty dollar after being very vocal in his intention to resign then I'll lose all respect for him. But after he chose godawful Buffalo last off-season I wouldn't be surprised in the least...

Edit:
On the other hand, I wonder if he might test the market because management wants to take a run at Landeskog if he hits the market. Probably a pipe dream but who knows...

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
If Hall goes on to chase the almighty dollar after being very vocal in his intention to resign then I'll lose all respect for him. But after he chose godawful Buffalo last off-season I wouldn't be surprised in the least...

Edit:
On the other hand, I wonder if he might test the market because management wants to take a run at Landeskog if he hits the market. Probably a pipe dream but who knows...

If Landeskog is going for a long term deal which is what I am assuming, the Bruins would be wise to stay far away from that and resign Hall. Players who play like Landeskog typically don't age well. That being said I am in the camp that Hall is staying with Boston based on what the Bruin insiders have said as well as other information I have heard about Hall, his family and the city of Boston. As for Friedman, he is much more plugged into the Canadian teams then American teams, why has nobody else been saying that Hall is going to test the market.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
I honestly don’t think he’s chasing the money this time around. I do however question whether or not he wants to see if he can maximize his term with a team that will be in contention for the majority of the contract. Bruins most likely won’t give him that luxury.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Edit:
I think the Buffalo money chase is precisely why he won`t do that again

Reactions: bruins19

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I've been back and forth on what Hall will ultimately decide... But I'm landed on being surprised if he signs anywhere but in Boston. He's been in a lot of bad situations in the last few years, but he just fits with the Bruins. I think that will matter to him and I don't believe the money would be that much better elsewhere regardless.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Friedman is the only person who is spitballing Hall goes to market. No sources cited, no nothing.

He was doing it for clicks IMO.

Andy Strickland is very well connected and a solid reporter so I trust him more than I trust Friedman at this point.

Unless the Bobfather pops up from his cottage with something similar, I am going to sit back and watch it all play out

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
All someone has to do is tell these idiots on social media a tidbit and they go right for it. I’m sure some of them are laughing in the back round. I don’t believe anything till it does happen.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
The other thing some seem to be missing with the Friedman comment is the post (wasn’t directly from Friedman) said “He THINKS” which means nothing.

Reactions: BTO

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Friedman is only going off past history of Hall saying one thing and doing another, I don't blame him. I can't see him taking 5-5.5aav over say 7/8aav from another contender, especially if Krejci is still in limbo right now (Hall would know either way).

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Friedman is the only person who is spitballing Hall goes to market. No sources cited, no nothing.

He was doing it for clicks IMO.

Andy Strickland is very well connected and a solid reporter so I trust him more than I trust Friedman at this point.

Unless the Bobfather pops up from his cottage with something similar, I am going to sit back and watch it all play out

I doubt Friedman did it for clicks. I'm sure he doesn't need to put out a fake Hall rumor on a radio hit to get them.

The real answer is most likely that he's saying it because it's what Hall's agent wants to be public. It's public posturing/negotiating. Darren Ferris is just trying to get the best deal for his client.

Reactions: smithformeragent

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I doubt Friedman did it for clicks. I'm sure he doesn't need to put out a fake Hall rumor on a radio hit to get them.

The real answer is most likely that he's saying it because it's what Hall's agent wants to be public. It's public posturing/negotiating. Darren Ferris is just trying to get the best deal for his client.
I read Freidman's take as speculation. Like he knows teams are interested in Hall, so he thinks Hall will at least hear out offers.

I hope the rumors he signs right after the expansion draft are true. Hall can drive the 2nd line with or without Krejci. Krejci coming back to play with Hall again would be awesome, but in my eyes, Hall is the most important player to bring back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad