Taylor Hall has 1 goal in 19 games

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Taylor Hall signed a 1 year 8AAV deal this offseason in order to boost his value getting to play with a great center in Eichel. Is it safe to say he is regretting this decision at this point? Or is he just not as good as the media like to suggest? What is going on?

I don't think Hall had many other choices due to the financial uncertainty created by the pandemic...but yeah, its going to be tough for him to expect a contract with both term and dollar amount this summer.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
1 goal in 50 shots seems like incredibly bad luck for a player like Hall unless he's shooting from bad positions.

I don't think Hall had many other choices due to the financial uncertainty created by the pandemic...but yeah, its going to be tough for him to expect a contract with both term and dollar amount this summer.

I think he should go back to the Oilers on a short term deal. It would be the best situation for him with either Draisaitl or McDavid and then try for a long term deal with $$.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Taylor Hall signed a 1 year 8AAV deal this offseason in order to boost his value getting to play with a great center in Eichel. Is it safe to say he is regretting this decision at this point? Or is he just not as good as the media like to suggest? What is going on?

It's safe to say the Sabres are regretting this decision. ya think?!

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Hard to say without knowing what he turned down. He'll probably get a few offers of 5mx3, so that would still be 23m over 4 years.

If he was offered something like 7mx5 and he decided to bet on himself getting a 9m contract, then oof.

You'd have to think the Coyotes threw a 50m offer at him a calendar year ago though.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
I think he should go back to the Oilers on a short term deal. It would be the best situation for him with either Draisaitl or McDavid and then try for a long term deal with $$.

He and draisaitl looked really good together in his last season in Edmonton, and even if he’s no longer the Hart caliber player he used to be, Hall would definitely be an upgrade on Kahun in that 2lw spot.

Still, I’d only do it if Hall accepted an absolute sweetheart deal.

Reactions: JBear

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
He and draisaitl looked really good together in his last season in Edmonton, and even if he’s no longer the Hart caliber player he used to be, Hall would definitely be an upgrade on Kahun in that 2lw spot.

Still, I’d only do it if Hall accepted an absolute sweetheart deal.

Yeah, I think it would be a 1-2 year deal @ ~5M AAV. Can't see him getting 8M or near that based on current play and flat cap situation.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Poor Buffalo. They have a great young franchise player and pick up two excellent players in Hall and Skinner and it fizzles. Nothing seems to ever go right for that franchise.

It's just mind boggling to see them struggle to score goals. Even if they suck and can't win a game, that team shouldn't have that big a problem scoring goals.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
He bet on himself and the Sabres and appears to have lost on both counts. Logic dictates that he has cost himself a ton of money but never count out NHL GMs, even in this economic climate from throwing out ridiculous $$$/term for a guy like Hall. I don't hate the player. He's been productive overall when healthy but there's a lot of risk.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Everyone on the Sabres have been struggling under Krueger, but off the top of my head Hall has to be up there for most posts hit in the league right now

The perfect storm of bad coaching, bad puck luck and bad injuries/covid

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Who should we blame, Krueger?
He's got Eichel, Skinner, Staal, and Hall and is currently dead last in the division.
What exactly did Buffalo expect when they hired a coach who has never had a winning season in the NHL?

Both. Krueger’s system consists of “point shots and outside shots”, and no offensive zone movement by the players. If you move it’s to move up or down 15 feet.

Basically go into the PK diamond against the Sabres 5v5 and you’re good.

There’s no way a team with the #1 PP in the league should be fighting for last in the league.

The Sabres have a worse 5v5g/60 this season than the 2014-2015 Sabres (aka the tank for McDavid Sabres).

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
We get it guys, we suck. Way to kick us while we're down. :laugh:

I don't get how we have the best power play in the league and are basically a last place team...That has to be coaching right?

Reactions: generalshepherd141

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
1 goal in 50 shots seems like incredibly bad luck for a player like Hall unless he's shooting from bad positions.

Honestly that makes a ton of sense, if he can’t find chemistry on a line with either one of those guys I don’t know where else he’s going to find it.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
Didn't Hall turn down 8 years from the Devils right before COVID?

As far as I know, there was no confirmation on this, actually I think Devils didn't offer any contract. Which made sense btw., because even before COVID it was pretty clear that NJ would be better off not signing him to a long contract (he wasn't a solution there and there were injury concerns).

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad