Speculation: Taylor Hall contract talk (part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
So was Larsson, if you recall.

I can’t see them taking a huge chunk out of their defense in the middle of the season when they’re already one of the best teams in the league. There’s no need for the disruption.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
This is hf where my team wants a player who will make us better but we will offer scraps because we have this illusion of a golden future where all our prospects pan out and no one ever wants a big contract and we’d rather have prospects than make a great team a cup favorite.

Reactions: MichaelJ

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I know Montreal has been mentioned a few times, I wonder if a bigger deal could be worked out with taking on Alzner. At best, he is a body that can play defense to let some of our other guys play the offense they want, but more likely, it's a cap dump we can take on for the next couple years before we get hit with the other big extensions. Could help us get a better package from them.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
31 Thoughts: A 'Code of Conduct' is coming to the NHL - Sportsnet.ca

7. The Taylor Hall trade talks have intensified, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen at this time.
“He’s trying,” another GM said of Shero.
The Devils have made it clear they want first-rounders (although they are willing to discuss conditional situations, depending on the acquiring team’s ability to re-sign Hall or playoff results) and/or high-level prospects who are ready to play. They badly need defence, which is why there’s a lot of focus on Colorado as the perfect trade partner. The Avalanche have plenty of defensive prospects and think they can win. Several teams believe Arizona is making a serious effort. Hall is what they need, too. It’s believed Dallas and St. Louis are among other pursuers.

8. I do think Edmonton’s interested, but there’s a limit. I’m not convinced the Oilers will pay what New Jersey wants.

Reactions: Tretyak 20

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Disagree with this. Also remember that Stone had not signed an extension when he was moved, although Vegas had a high degree of confidence they could get it done. A team like Colorado will be trading for Hall with the intent and a strong chance of re-signing him and there will be conditions reflecting that. Regardless, the Devils should be getting at least a top prospect back for Hall. There’s no way around it.

the knights dont give up that package without knowing that they would resign stone i'm sure there were "discussions" before he was dealt winkwink ya know

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
the return will be a 1st a legit prospect or young nhl promising player a 2nd rounder that will be tied to how far the team goes in the playoffs. it would be really stupid to tie it to hall resigning with the team since not many teams will be able to afford his salary (possibly) i would rather tie it to the playoff performance

the first is going to be in the 20s so thats meh and the 2nd is going to be a 3rd probably so double meh.

the key is going to be the player they get back

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Ava's fans are saying he's untouchable too.

Hilarious that Avs fans make every valuable asset "untouchable" and leave us to choose from the ~30th overall pick and some fringe prospects that may never become full time players. I'm assuming Sakic is more educated on the cost of an elite player, otherwise I would shop elsewhere. I have no interest in some grab bag combo of the Avs' late 2020 1st, Timmins, Kaut, or a 2nd round pick.

I understand Byram being untouchable for a rental (unless we add), but players like Zadorov and Newhook absolutely have to be on the table as part of a package.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hilarious that Avs fans make every valuable asset "untouchable" and leave us to choose from the ~30th overall pick and some fringe prospects that may never become full time players. I'm assuming Sakic is more educated on the cost of an elite player, otherwise I would shop elsewhere. I have no interest in some grab bag combo of the Avs' late 2020 1st, Timmins, Kaut, or a 2nd round pick.

I understand Byram being untouchable for a rental (unless we add), but players like Zadorov and Newhook absolutely have to be on the table as part of a package.

They are saying Newhook is untouchable too? They are out to lunch.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I absolutely do not understand the obsession with Nikita Zadorov around here. He's a 24 year old 3rd pairing D who takes a lot of penalties. He will no in way 'solidify' the defense.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I absolutely do not understand the obsession with Nikita Zadorov around here. He's a 24 year old 3rd pairing D who takes a lot of penalties. He will no in way 'solidify' the defense.

Yeah, nobody is saying a deal would center around Zadorov. He would be a piece of the package. He could be a useful shutdown defenseman that steps into the lineup right away, especially with guys like Greene and Vatanen potentially moving on. In no way would I take him as the main piece though.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
to avs:

hall (re-signed)
zacha or coleman
3rd rounder

to devils:

byram
6th rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.