Waived: Taylor Chorney - Washington

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Would consider claiming him for PIT if we end up sending out Hunwick for cap relief. He would eat nachos as the 8th D. Has some value to us as a guy whos spent time in PIT before.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Would consider claiming him for PIT if we end up sending out Hunwick for cap relief. He would eat nachos as the 8th D. Has some value to us as a guy whos spent time in PIT before.

I remember him and Dumo killing it in the minors as the top pair

HockeyTS32

Jun 14, 2011
Obviously not if he was put on waivers.

I might be in the minority here in terms of caps fans, but I actually don't mind Chorney's game. Sure he isn't the quickest guy out there, but he still plays solid D and doesn't make too many mistakes. Before the trade to get Kemptny (Sp?), I would have rather him be out there on the 3rd pairing than Bowey. Chorney is a great, inexpensive depth Dman. Shouldn't be playing every night, but a solid 7th D. I personally hope another team picks him up and gives him a real shot to play every so often.

Kolzilla

May 20, 2015
I might be in the minority here in terms of caps fans, but I actually don't mind Chorney's game. Sure he isn't the quickest guy out there, but he still plays solid D and doesn't make too many mistakes. Before the trade to get Kemptny (Sp?), I would have rather him be out there on the 3rd pairing than Bowey. Chorney is a great, inexpensive depth Dman. Shouldn't be playing every night, but a solid 7th D. I personally hope another team picks him up and gives him a real shot to play every so often.

I second this. He is a solid 6/7 that's cheap, but plays well in that role.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012

Well, that's just not true. It's the opposite of true, in fact.

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
He’s not great but I’m sure he’s an NHL #6/7. Someone might grab him. He’s not a guy that will push you over the top or anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad