Tavares vs Seguin

Tavares vs Seguin

• Total voters

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Seguin pretty easily for me. Obviously :)

I can't see Seguin hitting free agency though. He has already won a Cup and likely will just take his chances here and sign a massive contract. (No state income tax helps a lot). You don't let the guy with the 2nd most goals in the league in the past 3-4 years slip away for nothing.

Why are people always comparing players to Benn and Seguin? I feel like I always see them mentioned on the polls

Last edited:

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Seguin has been better the last few years. Tavares is living off rep from like 2013-2015, he wasn't very good the last 2 seasons.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

I can't see Seguin hitting free agency though. He has already won a Cup and likely will just take his chances here and sign a massive contract. (No state income tax helps a lot). You don't let the guy with the 2nd most goals in the league in the past 3-4 years slip away for nothing.

Why are people always comparing players to Benn and Seguin? I feel like I always see them mentioned on the polls

Like I said, they mentioned it on Hockey Central

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017

He won a cup as a passenger.

And Dallas aint winning a cup with Seguin. He's not a guy that can lead you to a cup.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Tavares has shown he can carry his team on his back and carry them to the playoffs as he has done a couple of times. Seguin is the much better skater though so that's why i think most people would take him as skill wise it is pretty close.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He won a cup as a passenger.

And Dallas aint winning a cup with Seguin. He's not a guy that can lead you to a cup.

Interesting how you can guarantee that Seguin can't do that. Please provide evidence that shows at no point in his career he can lead a team to a cup. Really curious to see how you saw into the future like this

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Interesting how you can guarantee that Seguin can't do that. Please provide evidence that shows at no point in his career he can lead a team to a cup. Really curious to see how you saw into the future like this

Just look at his accomplishments with Dallas lol. He's won one playoff round as Benn's sidekick.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Just look at his accomplishments with Dallas lol. He's won one playoff round as Benn's sidekick.

Clearly you haven't seen Seguin play recently. Not worth an argument and not worth my time. He is a completely different player since that playoff series 4 years ago, and right now is the type of 2-way center teams need to win a Cup. How many Cups has Tavares led the Islanders to win? :sarcasm:

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I think Tavares is a very good player but overrated.. Seguin has the higher skill set, ill take him

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
I want to take seguin cause of his skating but something tells me Tavares just needs a fresh start and once he gets it he’s going to go beast mode.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Seguin is a better scorer, but JT is all around a better player.

this would probably have been a blow out a month ago...but what has changed? hmmmmm lol

https://www.tsn.ca/a-new-no-1-mcdavid-edges-crosby-in-tsn-s-top-50-player-poll-1.867210

TSN has JT at 13 and Seguin at 20. Seguin has never been above JT and hasnt ever cracked top 10 (which Tavares did three years in a row from 2014-2016)

this is JT. not easily but the vote shouldnt be this close

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad