Speculation: Tavares to Toronto.... eventually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
What is your deal with trying to stir up fans of different teams?

I'm glad you agree with one of the most negative Isles fans on HF Isles.

Not trying to stir anything.. sorry if it offended you agreeing with a fan (had no idea he is considered most negative fan).. I am a fan of what Snow is doing in NYI and have no issue with the team at all. I just happened to agree with that one post

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Not trying to stir anything.. sorry if it offended you agreeing with a fan (had no idea he is considered most negative fan).. I am a fan of what Snow is doing in NYI and have no issue with the team at all. I just happened to agree with that one post

You started this thread, had another post saying how there are other media reports about this in Toronto, and now you agree with the most pessimistic view in the thread. You're not an Isles fan and you're not a Toronto fan. While almost everyone else is in agreement that this thread is silly and is actually quite civilized, you keep injecting things to keep it going. I'm not the only one questioning your motives. It sure seems like you're just stirring up stuff from where I'm sitting.

Mad Brills*

Honest question:

Will people post the same ******** when Matthews hits RFA in 3 years?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
You started this thread, had another post saying how there are other media reports about this in Toronto, and now you agree with the most pessimistic view in the thread. You're not an Isles fan and you're not a Toronto fan. While almost everyone else is in agreement that this thread is silly and is actually quite civilized, you keep injecting things to keep it going. I'm not the only one questioning your motives. It sure seems like you're just stirring up stuff from where I'm sitting.

Just posting what I've been reading on many nhl rumor sites and articles on Internet.... isn't that pretty much why most of these threads start? From rumors that people read or hear? It's not like I wrote all those articles... again I apologize if it pissed u off buy by no means am I stirring it up

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just posting what I've been reading on many nhl rumor sites and articles on Internet.... isn't that pretty much why most of these threads start? From rumors that people read or hear? It's not like I wrote all those articles... again I apologize if it pissed u off buy by no means am I stirring it up

I'm not pissed, I'm just trying to figure out your deal. I also remember you in the Hall-Hamonic related threads and I could have sworn you were an Oiler fan from your contributions. You jump around a lot and I have no idea which team you support.

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
I'll secretly pine for McDavid given he'll be the best player in the league but after the Stamkos thing, don't care about Tavares, he'll be getting ridiculously overpaid anyway, if he wants to play in Toronto cool but who cares.

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
Who was the last player as good as Tavares to hit UFA? Parise and Suter were a step below him, I honestly can't think of a single guy I'd put in his tier that's hit unrestricted free agency in my entire life.

Face it, this isn't the NBA where Lebron and Durant need to join superteams to contend for NBA championships, this isn't MLB where the big market teams can throw seemingly endless money every offseason, and isn't the NFL where you risk tying up 20% of your cap because you have a really good defensive lineman that's looking to cash out.

It's the NHL. Franchise players stick with their franchises.

Kovalchuk

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
As an Islanders fan I think he will leave unless the Isles make it to the ECF or better in the next 2 years. The new arena situation is much worse on the players and Snow has not put the team in the best position to win from the coaching staff all the way down through the on ice talent.

If he does leave, my guess is it will be somewhere where he sees a cup as attainable. I don't think he'll go to another reclamation project.

Look for organizations who have the following:

Respected GM and Coach
Willingness to spend to cap ceiling
Close to winning a title
Elite winger to play with

Those would check ff the boxes he ain't had in NY.

Just so everyone understands, this guy has never said anything positive about the team. You can basically take everything he just said and toss it in the trash

isles80

May 24, 2016
Jt for mariner and nylander makes sense nobody has ever gave me a good reason for not doing this deal for me jt is going to be very expensive after 2 YRS and nearing 30 by the time the youth are in there prime years . would Toronto take this deal or laugh at it would really like to know what you guys think am I nuts or is this plausible thanks

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Jt for mariner and nylander makes sense nobody has ever gave me a good reason for not doing this deal for me jt is going to be very expensive after 2 YRS and nearing 30 by the time the youth are in there prime years . would Toronto take this deal or laugh at it would really like to know what you guys think am I nuts or is this plausible thanks

I'm surprised that in two whole posts no one objected to that trade. Must be a keeper!

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
He'll be a perfect replacement for Matthews (who will demand a trade out of the Toronto fishbowl - to Arizona).

Mad Brills*

He'll be a perfect replacement for Matthews (who will demand a trade out of the Toronto fishbowl - to Arizona).

sure he will.

What about the montreal fishbowl eh?

2 languages and the biggest sport in town.

Nope.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Benn signs with Dallas long term. Another franchise player choosing to stay with the team he's comfortable leading instead of seeing what he could have gotten in free agency.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I give it 12-18 months until the McDavid watch starts.

I coulda swore the leafs already drafted him, it was there destiny right? Or did the leafs get screwed and "lose" the lottery? No worries though he didn't smile during the lottery so that is code for I will play for Toronto soon, just like every other all star player who would rather play for Toronto then anywhere else

Mad Brills*

I coulda swore the leafs already drafted him, it was there destiny right? Or did the leafs get screwed and "lose" the lottery? No worries though he didn't smile during the lottery so that is code for I will play for Toronto soon, just like every other all star player who would rather play for Toronto then anywhere else

My god, why is everyone complaining. Enjoy life, it's precious.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009

:laugh:

I wouldn't even trade Marner straight up for Tavares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->