Confirmed with Link: Tavares to Toronto (7 years, $11M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Won’t win anything with the group of dmen the Leafs have. It’s an exciting signing but really after losing Bozak/JVR and not upgrading the defense... this signing is smoke and mirrors.

I usually agree with alot of what you say but give it a break. It is July 1st and the season doesn't start for how many months ?

Reactions: Superstar

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Man whoever has Twitter needs to go to JT's page and put some nice comments on his tweet.

Islanders fans are really ripping into him.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Wow...

I honestly thought this was an absurd long-shot as little as a week ago.

Was hearing $11 million for 7 years. If that is the case, that honestly isn't bad for a FA franchise centre. The Leafs are going to be absurd down the middle now!

Reactions: NiftyMits

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
well, time to win is right now.

But we're gonna have to do it without any major external upgrades.

and we better have a plan to trade Marleau at some point, because we need every bit of that cap space next year.

I'm still betting that this deal doesn't turn out much better than the toews/Vinny/staal/spezza type deals did...but at least in our situation, unlike those ones, we're signing Tavares as our 2nd line C, not our 1C.

Reactions: Pi and crump

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
As the celebrations get underway, remember that the next day can be painful... especially if you’ve got dicks for friends:

200w.gif

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
How can this be? There was a Hockey News article about where JT91 would sign and it didn't mention the Leafs among the 17 teams listed in the article.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Won’t win anything with the group of dmen the Leafs have. It’s an exciting signing but really after losing Bozak/JVR and not upgrading the defense... this signing is smoke and mirrors.

Pfffft! Barely need a defence. With this lineup up front, teams will be playing defensively and would be crazy to push the play.

This team will be scoring punches in bunches!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->