Injury Report: Tavares out minimum two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisen

Mar 27, 2019
Considering his pace before the injury, games missed, and a slightly lower pace on his immediate return, a 50-point season for Tavares seems to be what we'll get.

For $11M, this should cost Dubas his job.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Considering his pace before the injury, games missed, and a slightly lower pace on his immediate return, a 50-point season for Tavares seems to be what we'll get.

It's more likely he's in the high 60s to low 70s, kind of the Auston Matthews range from last season.

I'm less worried about pure numbers and more hoping he's meshing well with the team when he gets back and stabilizes defensively.

I'm not firing anybody.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head

If you're going to be a gimmick account, you could at least be a little bit funny

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
It's more likely he's in the high 60s to low 70s, kind of the Auston Matthews range from last season.

I'm less worried about pure numbers and more hoping he's meshing well with the team when he gets back and stabilizes defensively.

I'm not firing anybody.

I think you should at least fire somebody

get in there and do your job

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS

True, Dubas should have seen this injury coming before signing off on the contract.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Has there been any update on him or when he may be able to play again?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I heard he isn't expected to play Saturday, but he is practicing with pucks now... He can't be far off, I suspect we'll have him back in the lineup next week.
Thanks, hopefully by Tuesday then.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
So do I. Enough of the jump on Marner crap on here too. With JT back I think you will see an improved Marner and maybe even Moore too for a short period until Hyman back.
Yeah, I'm not worried about Mitch. He'll figure it out, he's too good not to.
How far away is Hyman?

Reactions: DarkKnight

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah, I'm not worried about Mitch. He'll figure it out, he's too good not to.
How far away is Hyman?
Stuey said his knee is still a little tight and sore next day after skating so I don't think it is anytime soon. But who knows with therapy and loosening of the muscles lets hope sooner than later. The fact that he is even skating amazes me.

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I'll say it now and said it when JT was signed. Great player but Leafs did not need him it was a bad signing that will cost this team.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I would have fine pursuing Duchene and retaining Kadri while saving cap space. But I’d be lying if I say I didnt want him for the sheer excitement.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I'll say it now and said it when JT was signed. Great player but Leafs did not need him it was a bad signing that will cost this team.
A 1-2 combo at centre that only Pittsburgh can rival and you are unhappy with that. Strength down the middle has always been the way to win. 2 centres, a shutdown d man and a $$$ goalie used to get you multiple Cups.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Looking at the team without him, they definitely need him. I'm not sure his contract will age well, but right now he's more than worth it

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
A 1-2 combo at centre that only Pittsburgh can rival and you are unhappy with that. Strength down the middle has always been the way to win. 2 centres, a shutdown d man and a $$$ goalie used to get you multiple Cups.
All I'm saying he didn't not improve the Leafs significantly from the year before he was signed as an FA by the Leafs.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Right, but we could have kept Kadri as a 2nd line with way less money

But then no Kerfoot, so we'd have Spezza or someone of that ilk as our 3rd line C. May have been forced to retain Bozak there. Also, no Barrie, although wed be able to retain Jake.

On paper though u take Tavarez, Kerfoot, Barrie over Kadri, Bozak, Jake quite easily imo, even if Barrie is a rental.

Reactions: Menzinger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad