Not open for further replies.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Since 2015 hedman has hit a level Tavares will never reach

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Hedman has been the best player in the league at his position.

I don’t think you can say the same for Tavares.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Pre 2016 you could make an arguement for either as both has no awards with Tavares only having been a finalist twice in hart as the biggest accomplishment between either of them. After that tho, hedman reached a new level. Top 3+ finish in Norris since, conn smythe. It’s hedman IMO

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
At one point it was Tavares, but some years ago Hedman took the lead and the gap keeps getting bigger as each day goes by.

Reactions: Redwingsfan

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Has Tavares shown to be a top 3 at his position for the last 6-7 years? He has maybe 1 or 2 seasons where he rivals Hedman's best seasons but really even before the points were coming, Hedman was a stand out d.

I'm not a Hedman fan, either. I just think a Norris winning defenseman takes you farther than a scoring centre. I'm not really sure where I'd even put John in a list of his own position since he entered. His best season IMO was the Olympic year that he got injured and didn't get to show out the whole year.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Tavaras was hyped up since he was like 13. Got exemption in the OHL. Results are kind of dissapointing in relation to expectations.

Certainly not a bust. Worthy of a top pick. But yeah...

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Tavares had the better start but Hedman is going to be so much better for so much longer. Especially considering Tavares price vs performance now a days.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
First half of their careers Tavares had a clear edge, multiple hart finalists and one point off the art ross

Second half of their careers Hedman has a huge edge, best d-man in the world, one norris (like 5 nominations), a conn smythe

Hedman has a bigger edge in the second half than Tavares in the 1st and it's only going to get larger. He's the clear choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad