Tavares+Marner or Point+Stamkos

Which duo moving forward

• Total voters

loki2185

Sep 7, 2018
Why are so many people obsessed with making comparisons with the Leafs?

That aside, I'd say the Tampa duo. Tavares vs. Stamkos is a draw, and I think Point is a more defensively responsible player, whilst having similar offensive upside.

its because everyone watches the leafs so they can knitpick the players and focus on their flaws. where as nobody really watches any of the other teams aside from their own fanbase. so they just go based on the highlights

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
I literally never say anti leafs things. I had Matthews as a top 5 c before the year started, and Mo as a top 20 dman. I <3 the leafs.

With that said Brayden Point is a hidden gem and top 10 c. Best C on Tampa.

Credit where it's due, I don't think you're anti-leaf. You do get a little over the top in your Lightning evaluations though... cough *Dotchin* cough

ITT you refer to Point as a top 10 C, which is absurd.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
@zeke why don't you use advanced stats stats when comparing Marner and Kucherov? Seems as though you only use them when they favour a leafs player.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
@zeke why don't you use advanced stats stats when comparing Marner and Kucherov? Seems as though you only use them when they favour a leafs player.

because Corsica is broken right now and I can't include this year's numbers with previous years right now.

but in that recent sample, kucherov has received much more ice time, so using p60 would only hurt him.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
because Corsica is broken right now and I can't include this year's numbers with previous years right now.

but in that recent sample, kucherov has received much more ice time, so using p60 would only hurt him.
Of course P/60. What are your thoughts on Ryan Spooner?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Interesting. I'm genuinely curious in who has gotten the harder Qoc so far, Matthews or Tavares?

Corsica hasn't updated for last night yet, but before last night Tavares was getting the toughest matchups while Matthews was getting easier but still top line competition.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Corsica hasn't updated for last night yet, but before last night Tavares was getting the toughest matchups while Matthews was getting easier but still top line competition.
How does Matthew's competition compare to Malkin's?

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Stamkos and Tavares are interchangeable - this year Tavares performs better, next year Stamkos does.

Both are top ten but not quite top five NHL centers.

Brayden Point is a fine young center, but there's no universe in which he's a better player than Marner (who he's over a year older than).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->