News: Tavares: "i want to stay on Long Island"

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
I agree that the Devils would be a better match career wise if he didn't want to change houses.
Also agree, Devils would be a very good choice for Tavares if he wants to stay in the NY area. Coupled with Hischier, he could really do damage with the young Devils.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I know it's Tavares, but I wonder if Shero would even do it. You have a Hall extension coming up, plus Nico will get paid and they'd still need to add in a serious way to the defense (top pairing guy and a reliable third pair defender).

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
I know it's Tavares, but I wonder if Shero would even do it. You have a Hall extension coming up, plus Nico will get paid and they'd still need to add in a serious way to the defense (top pairing guy and a reliable third pair defender).
Shero needs another Crosby. Tavares is the closest thing he'll get. Plus it gives Hischier time to mature and not be depended on so heavily.

Devils should be thrilled that Shattenkirk chose the Rangers. Go all in for JT this offseason. You won't have difficulty alluring big name guys with a core that consists of Hall, Hischier and Tavares.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Said every fan ever, and every GM never.
exactly especially every fan drooling to poach him

there comes a point where you either believe him or you dont. and im still of the mind where he's never lied to us. he's been the "perfect captain" even inviting younger teammates to train with him. then you add that his stated desire is to be like his uncle and stay with one team forever. I acknowledge dragging this out hasnt helped the team but just walking as a free agent doesnt fit the Man who he purports to be.

I think Garth feels that way too and I think he'll go to the very end believing in John. if he goes I think many people will be shaking their heads saying John we never really knew you. Its gonna be hard if we're wrong. but you either believe him or you dont...I for one believe

and as a fan the only other player who ever convinced me with this type of sincerity, was mariano rivera. you just knew he was 100% credible with what he said and Ive always seen John as the same. Maybe im wrong but If I am he sure fooled me and a bunch of others

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->