Speculation: Tatar

A Loyal Dog

Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Tatar is a healthy scratch for tonight’s game. This tells me he might be traded. Not sure to who, but let’s say your team is acquiring him, what are you willing to offer for him?

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I dont know why they would trade him. but i also dont know why they are scratching him. weird.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
What would Montreal want for him?

Would a 1st round pick and a contract/retention to balance money work?

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Tatar is a healthy scratch for tonight’s game. This tells me he might be traded

Really? Because he got scratched that's where your head goes? Not because he's been playing like ass?

If, if Tatar is traded, it will be in a hockey trade. Montreal is deep on the right side and trading Tatar would put Perry in the line-up full time which, I'm fairly confident isn't their plan.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
He's been playing like he doesn't care lately, it's probably good for him to sit and watch one. Can't see him being moved if this team has any interest in competing this year

Reactions: Flyer lurker

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Tatar is a healthy scratch for tonight’s game. This tells me he might be traded. Not sure to who, but let’s say your team is acquiring him, what are you willing to offer for him?

Not sure yet what happens, sounds rather like Julien desperately trying to make something happen by sending a poor man s signal :D

if traded I think he d get back the standard low first + ok prospect.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Not really. We’d be looking for a lateral move. Actually, I just can’t find a reason for Montreal to trade him unless he’s part of a package to acquire a better LW

Reactions: Richard88

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Really? Because he got scratched that's where your head goes? Not because he's been playing like ass?

If, if Tatar is traded, it will be in a hockey trade. Montreal is deep on the right side and trading Tatar would put Perry in the line-up full time which, I'm fairly confident isn't their plan.

Are you a Habs fan? Tatar plays LW for us.

Reactions: jfhabs

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Don't think the Habs would say no to a 1st pick plus. Very unlikely he's in the long-term plans and there are several guys that can step in on the wing.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014

It would have to be a one year dump then

a Tatar trade would have to look like:

Scenario #1:

Cap dump of 1 year
1st or 2nd (depending of the player that come back)
NHL body able to play LW

for

Tatar
This is the scenario were we get "something' for Tatar and where we bet on our depth to replace the points output of Tatar while the other team wants to upgrade on the left wing.

Scenario #2:
Tatar
1st

for

A good enough LW that we have to add a 1st on top of Tatar to get him.
This is the scenario where a bottom feeder just want some value (1st) and don't want to loose an elite player for free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->