Dreger: Tatar to Nashville?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I’m sure Crosby and Malkin are shaking in their boots facing the great Kyle Turris.

You don't think Johansen and Turris are no.1 centers? :laugh: Whatever. It's 1,000% better than what we had when we took Pittsburgh to 6 games with Rinne playing like dog crap.

Again, we're perfectly fine with Johansen, Turris, Fisher, Bonino, Sissons and Jarnkrok as our center depth.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
You don't think Johansen and Turris are no.1 centers? :laugh: Whatever. It's 1,000% better than what we had when we took Pittsburgh to 6 games with Rinne playing like dog crap.

Again, we're perfectly fine with Johansen, Turris, Fisher, Bonino, Sissons and Jarnkrok as our center depth.

They may be average number 1 centers, but average number 1 centers don’t hoist Lord Stanley.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
They may be average number 1 centers, but average number 1 centers don’t hoist Lord Stanley.

There are a lot of variables into winning the cup, assuming most of the players stay healthy a team with 2 average no.1 centers and 4 elite defenseman can certainly win the cup. I don't know why you're talking about this though unless you're trying to troll or something.

Exactly the Preds have some pretty nice pieces out there just like Tampa.

I think Henkka was just joking, or he doesn't know how good Tolvanen or Fiala are. We wouldn't be talking about Tatar or Nyqvist if you want those guys, we'd be talking Mantha, Larkin or unprotected 1sts.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Makes more sense then giving up a 1st+Fabbro for a rental in Rick Nash that's for sure.
That won't happen either.

Not sure why people can't figure out Poile isn't going to overpay too much for players. He's pretty content with the team, especially with Fisher coming on board and if he can get Tolvanen over here. Sure he would like to make a move to fill in that 3rd line winger spot but he's already said he isn't interested in trading prospects just picks. Obviously there is some GM speak in there, but considering how thin we are in the minors I don't think he is willing to move too many prospects.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
There are a lot of variables into winning the cup, assuming most of the players stay healthy a team with 2 average no.1 centers and 4 elite defenseman can certainly win the cup. I don't know why you're talking about this though unless you're trying to troll or something.

I think Henkka was just joking, or he doesn't know how good Tolvanen or Fiala are. We wouldn't be talking about Tatar or Nyqvist if you want those guys, we'd be talking Mantha, Larkin or unprotected 1sts.

Henkka is one of our most well versed guys on prospects and draft eligible players. He might be joking, but it isn't because he doesn't know who is talking about.

I think the price for these guys has to be something pretty good. If not you hold onto them and hope they have more interest at the draft or next trade deadline. Yes Tatar's NTC kicks in on July 1st, but it probably won't be hard to get him to waive down the road.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Turris as a 1C took them to Game 7 double OT.

Co

Name 1 team besides Anaheim who won without an elite center.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Turris as a 1C took them to Game 7 double OT.

And Johansen manhandled Toews, Kane, Tarasenko and Getzlaf and Perry with Ekholm and Subban before getting injured on a freak play. Talking about our center depth is strange to bring up and is borderline off topic, we're looking for wingers this year and maybe a 3rd pairing defenseman, so I don't really know what Needle's going on about.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I would need at least one of the following: 1st round pick/Fiala/Fabbro.

I don't think a deal is going to get done here. We aren't/shouldn't give Tatar away for something like Aberg and a 2nd. Tatar is a consistent 20+ goal scorer entering the prime of his career. No way we get Fabbro or Fiala, so unless Nashville is willing to give us a first (plus a b-list prospect) than I'm not interested.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
tatar has more commitment than nyquist.

So a lower cost? Aberg?

Lol you really think you can get Tomas Tatar for Pontus Aberg? Aberg has 2 goals this year, how enticing!

Why are so many Preds fans mentioning Aberg? We don't want him. He has 3 career goals lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad