Value of: Tatar 50%

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Arent Vegas already paying 30% of his salary
yes and the 50% limit is from one team. They could have retained 50%, and then Montreal trades him again at 50% of the 50% already retained by an other team.
why are habs retaining on a guy with a good contract + one more year, who's on pace for 70 pts ? no way, unless the return is significant
Because it helps the team that is trading for him and boost his value, It's not like Montreal needs that 2.4M next year whole it's realy valuable for every contender!

Reactions: Willbury88

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
yes and the 50% limit is from one team. They could have retained 50%, and then Montreal trades him again at 50% of the 50% already retained by an other team.

Because it helps the team that is trading for him and boost his value, It's not like Montreal needs that 2.4M next year whole it's realy valuable for every contender!
As long as it boosts his value

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
1st and Timmins. Avs fan will hate it.

then Petry for
1st and Vesalainen.
This Habs fan doesn't think that's enough for a 50% retained Tatar. You do know Avs 1st will likely be a very late pick...

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Coleman is the kind of player contenders love which is where the great value came from, Tatar at least to me is an odd fit on any contender this year. I could not see Tampa, Boston, St Louis, Vegas, Pittsburgh, Colorado, or Washington really trading for him but I could be wrong. Puts up points on bad to average teams but struggles when it really matters is my opinion of him but I admit the Vegas experiment heavily biases me on that one. I think if traded he will get less than Coleman did.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
With the Coleman deal setting the tone, the value is higher than it ever was.

1st, roster player, great prospect?

Colorado: 1st, Nichushkin, Timmins

Calgary: 1st, Jankowski, Pettersen

Edmonton: 1st, Benson, Samurokov

Dallas: 1st, Kiviranta, Harley

St-Louis: 1st, Blais, Kostin

That would be incredible. Don't think it happens.

Problem with the Tampa trade is the fact cap was such a big problem for them, they had to pay through the nose for Coleman. I don't see that with other suitors for Tatar... So unlikely Montreal would have to retain so much. Maybe Dallas/St-Louis?

Last edited:

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013

Problem with the Tampa trade is the fact cap was such a big problem for them, they had to pay through the nose for Coleman. I don't see that with other suitors for Tatar... So unlikely Montreal would have to retain so much. Maybe Dallas/St-Louis?

Bergevin loves to get a roster player back, even if t

That's probably a fair price but I'm not sure you're going to get Edmonton to give up their 1st and 2 of their top 6 prospects, one of whom (Benson) is currently making the jump to the big leagues. Plus, who knows where that 1st lands this year; the uncertainty of it makes it harder for them to trade.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
That's probably a fair price but I'm not sure you're going to get Edmonton to give up their 1st and 2 of their top 6 prospects, one of whom (Benson) is currently making the jump to the big leagues. Plus, who knows where that 1st lands this year; the uncertainty of it makes it harder for them to trade.
I'm higher on Edmonton 1st than the others (because the pacific is such a mess and I like Calgary chances better), but Samurokov is IMO a bit less valuable than the other prospects listed, so it kind of balances it in regard with the other offers. I think all those 1st could be top 10 protected for sure, however... In case of lottery wins/epic collapses.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Coleman is the kind of player contenders love which is where the great value came from, Tatar at least to me is an odd fit on any contender this year. I could not see Tampa, Boston, St Louis, Vegas, Pittsburgh, Colorado, or Washington really trading for him but I could be wrong. Puts up points on bad to average teams but struggles when it really matters is my opinion of him but I admit the Vegas experiment heavily biases me on that one. I think if traded he will get less than Coleman did.
St-Louis could certainly use him instead of Sanford on that top line. The fit is there for sure.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

I'm going to say Vegas has no interest.

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
I'm higher on Edmonton 1st than the others (because the pacific is such a mess and I like Calgary chances better), but Samurokov is IMO a bit less valuable than the other prospects listed, so it kind of balances it in regard with the other offers. I think all those 1st could be top 10 protected for sure, however... In case of lottery wins/epic collapses.
I understand, and I don't think the value is off. I'm just saying it is highly unlikely the Oilers part with those assets. They're hesitant to trade the 1st for the reasons you mentioned (although, you're wrong on the Flames having a better chance. The Oilers have are 12-4-2 since they called up Yamamoto and 3-1 without McDavid).

Samorukov is a player they can part with due to organization depth at LHD. But asking them to part with both and then Benson - who is one of their best prospects now in the NHL - is just not likely to happen.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
St-Louis could certainly use him instead of Sanford on that top line. The fit is there for sure.
I could see Kreider but not Tatar, again just doesn’t seem like a guy contenders want but I admit I could be wrong. At the time Coleman was rumoured to be traded, have a look at teams like Boston or Colorado’s boards where they were begging for him, no teams fans are doing that for Tatar right now. Even Edmonton who he has been rumoured to are pretty luke warm on him. Managers might feel different though you never know.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Laughable how the best team in the West is giving insane futures for pieces they don't really need. This MTL.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

That’s a hard no for Edmonton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad