Proposal: Tarasenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchneidersPretzels

Feb 18, 2021
So I was thinking this morning....
What do we think about tarasenko being on the market now... I'm not sure he is a great fit for this team, just because we have lots of talent on the wings. However, what about a three way trade...roughly it could work out something like:

We give up some young winger such as kravstsov and future draft picks to the blues.

They give tarasenko to a team who is strong up the middle.

That team give us a good dependable Center, hopefully that can also win lots of faceoffs.

Can it work?

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Tarasenko makes negative sense for the Rangers. His contract is horrendous, he is physically a wreck, the Rangers doesn't need a sniper. It's just clickbait by some reporters to even bring his name up, same with Hamilton.

Reactions: bernmeister

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Stick to video games.

Tarasenko is the complete opposite kind of player that the Rangers should be looking for.

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
I would like to see Kravtsov play a couple of years in the NHL before deciding he is just fodder for the next best thing. I like his skill set, it just needs to be honed a bit.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Martin and clutterbuck will destroy what’s left of his shoulder first chance they get

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
If he’s cheap I have no prob picking him up. But I mean like cheap cheap or with retention.

Definitely don’t think they will go out of their way to get him

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Huge pass - cap hit, injuries, disposition and, most importantly, not a need given our Wing situation. Vet D. 3C. Fast replacement. Plz.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Why isn’t this in the roster building thread?

And — No. Let’s go acquire another RHD while we’re at it.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Why wouldn't we just cut out the middle man and trade Kravtsov/whoever for the centre straight up?

If the team with the center we hypothetically want, would rather have a proven veteran winger instead of an unproven rookie winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad