Tarasenko on the ice this morning!!

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
giphy.gif

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
just out of curiosity as someone who is trying to be proactive in a fantasy league and also a big fan of VT, realistically when is the earliest he could be expected back? Great news for blues fans. Hopeful the shoulder heals 100% and he is back to the stud he is. I know shoulders can be tricky and we have a pretty bad injury with Guentzel ourselves.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
just out of curiosity as someone who is trying to be proactive in a fantasy league and also a big fan of VT, realistically when is the earliest he could be expected back? Great news for blues fans. Hopeful the shoulder heals 100% and he is back to the stud he is. I know shoulders can be tricky and we have a pretty bad injury with Guentzel ourselves.
I'd say absolute earliest is March 1...and that's probably optimistic. If he were coming back any sooner, he'd probably have had to be skating for a couple of weeks already.

Reactions: 3ladesof5teel

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
giphy.gif

Nothing has been announced to change the original forecast of being re-evaluated in March. There was a rumor that Tarasenko made a comment to the effect that he is ahead of schedule. Not sure what his skating today means, but it’s not a bad sign.

Reactions: POVERTY

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
giphy.gif

Nothing has been announced to change the original forecast of being re-evaluated in March. There was a rumor that Tarasenko made a comment to the effect that he is ahead of schedule. Not sure what his skating today means, but it’s not a bad sign.
I remember the comment you are referring to. One of the local beat writers asked him if he was still on track to return in mid-to-late-March and his reply was "Sooner." Maybe he just thought the guy said "Boomer".

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Is the OP saying he skated with the team? That would be pretty huge news. I’m guessing that’s not what is being reported.

giphy.gif

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Army said they were going to sit down with Tarasenko and training staff next week to see how it was looking ahead of trade deadline. This is certainly encouraging sign that he could return in next month-ish. A healthy Tarasenko would by far be the best TDL acquisition we could make.

jimmythemick

Dec 13, 2018
STL
Even with it being light duty on the ice, you have to think that it will be a huge moral booster for the team just to have him out there.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Is the OP saying he skated with the team? That would be pretty huge news. I’m guessing that’s not what is being reported.

giphy.gif
The video is of him skating with the team. It is just a morning skate, so there wouldn't be any contact or full effort drills, but it is an encouraging sign.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
giphy.gif

I believe Armstrong said just recently that he is being re-evaluated mid-February now.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
YAHOO - there's no shot at a Cup run this year without him.

Hurry back Vladi (but not if you're not fully recovered).

DannyDarko

Jan 11, 2020
From the post:
Tarasenko has been skating on his own for a while, but this was the first time he skated with his teammates. Tarasenko was on the ice early and stayed late, spending about an hour on the ice. He didn't take part in any of the line rushes, but in the latter half of practice, when the team did flow drills, he jumped in, making passes and taking shots.

Here’s the article:
Tarasenko joins Blues on the ice for practice

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
From the post:
Tarasenko has been skating on his own for a while, but this was the first time he skated with his teammates. Tarasenko was on the ice early and stayed late, spending about an hour on the ice. He didn't take part in any of the line rushes, but in the latter half of practice, when the team did flow drills, he jumped in, making passes and taking shots.

Here’s the article:
Tarasenko joins Blues on the ice for practice
can you quote it here, full article. Out of NA can't read it. We're blocked.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I knew Vladi has been skating for awhile, and now he's starting to skate with the boys......

giphy.gif

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I think it’s going to take a deep playoff run to see Tarasenko the way we are use to seeing him.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
can you quote it here, full article. Out of NA can't read it. We're blocked.

here's the portion specifically related to Tarasenko.

The Blues play Winnipeg on Thursday night, a familiar face after the Blues lost to them last week in Manitoba. But the big thing at the morning skate was the presence of injured forward Vladimir Tarasenko.
This doesn't mean Tarasenko's return is imminent -- the original expected return date was the beginning of April, around the final week of the season -- but it's encouraging for everybody for him to be out there.
"We were all surprised," coach Craig Berube. "But I talked to (trainer) Ray Barile yesterday and he said Vladi can skate. I think it's great, to start incorporating him around the guys, with the team. He can do some drills with us and stuff like that and get his timing down, I think it’s good."
Berube said he didn't know if the timetable for Tarasenko had changed.
"I haven’t really checked into that," he said. "It’s great to have him on the ice for sure. Not only for us, but for him too, to be around the guys, start getting back into that routine for him."
"He's still a while away," forward Brayden Schenn said, "but you know what, it's never easy going through what he went through. Obviously he wants to be out there with his teammates, win hockey games, score goals. I think from a mental side, I'm sure it's nice for him to be out there and buzzing around. He's working hard to get back and hopefully we'll have him back soon."
His teammates were glad to see him. Tarasenko didn't go on the team's post-All-Star break trip across Canada and he's been skating early in the morning with other injured players but not with the full group. Tarasenko was on hand on Tuesday night to present Joel Edmundson his Stanley Cup ring as part of the team's leadership group.
"I don't know if it's a boost because we know he's still a while away, but it's nice seeing him around the rink and skating with the guys," Schenn said. "When you're out, you're on a little bit of a different schedule. You don't see him a whole lot, but it's nice to see him here practicing again with us. I'm not sure how long before he'll be back in, but at the same time, we know if we're going to go on another deep run, we're going to need him and him to be on top of his game and hopefully some regular season games to get him back in game shape."
Tarasenko didn't talk to reporters after his session, but as someone who has been through rehab processes and skated on his own a lot, Schenn knows about the benefits of skating with others.
"Just mentally," he said. "Mentally you want to be back around the team, you want to be doing what you love, and that's playing hockey. It's a step in the right direction. I still think it's a long ways away, but it's nice to see him out there."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->