Tarasenko is the best scorer for Russian NT so far

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Sure it was just a few frendlies. And it wasn't even a Russian 2nd team in most games. But 10 pts in 6 games isn't bad anyway. Tarasenko scored 1+2 today vs Norway and became a lead scorer with guys like Morozov, Zaripov, Afinogenov on ice... Hope he'll win his place in WC roster.

Avsfanftw

Mar 11, 2010
Colorado Springs
I've heard nothing but good thinks about Tarasenko for the past year now...looks like blue fans got a gem :). Can't wait to see this guy play at the nhl level.

I haven't followed but it seems like everyone is putting up good stats against norway :p.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I've heard nothing but good thinks about Tarasenko for the past year now...looks like blue fans got a gem :). Can't wait to see this guy play at the nhl level.

I haven't followed but it seems like everyone is putting up good stats against norway :p.

Yeah, but some put up better stats than others...

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Top wjc performance vs sel norris (salming) season, take your pick.

Otherwise your all guessing. Don't need to go there. I'd take tarasenko if I wasn't worried about the Russian thing, Ottawa is and for good reason, we did about as well as possible. Nobody's going to want to put us on the pp with Rundblad and karlsson finding seems for spezza to work with.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
It is amazing how well Tarasenko and Runblad have done this year - such a good trade for both teams.

And the Blues get to claim credit for drafting both of them!

They both appear to be gems at this point and I wish both of them well but lets also remember that we're talking about two kids that haven't played a single NHL game yet.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
considering Karlsson is a stud and Cowen is back in form do you think Ottawa regrets that trade even though Rundblad is having such an amazing year? Tarasenko could really help Ottawas offence..

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
considering Karlsson is a stud and Cowen is back in form do you think Ottawa regrets that trade even though Rundblad is having such an amazing year? Tarasenko could really help Ottawas offence..

It's not like Ottawa's surprised at how Tarasenko is now, it's not like anyones suprised. Not using 1st round picks on Russians...luckily Rundblad was available and we didn't have to pick the next best non-Russian.

Just the way it is. Picking Russians in the 1st couple rounds from 2002-2006 basically ruined the prospect pool...they never came over to play.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
It's true. Most people would take Tarasenko over Rundblad. Guy's a beast.

What a great argument.:sarcasm:

For what it's worth, Rundblad had a way better season than Tarasenko. By that I mean play in the club.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Well, for starters, NHL scouts sure seemed to like Tarasenko better when they ranked him well ahead of Rundblad in this year's THN Future Watch.

The hockey news are somewhat a consensus opinion of NHL scouts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad