Taping your stick...

HockeyGuy1975

May 22, 2009
Wow, i think you loose alot of good feel when taping x2.

I even have minimal overlap on a regular tapejob just becuase i think that you dont get the most out of it with thick layer of tape especially with composite blades.

If you like the wood feel why dont you use a wooden blade ?

I'm not sure your theory that minimal tape improves performance has any validity. You say you think that less tape improves performance, then say you use less tape because it improves performance.

Tape is used to cushion the puck. That is why most people tape the whole blade. Some guys like the way the blade slides without tape. But, I don't how more or less tape impacts performance.

If you think less tape on a composite blade improves puck feel, it is because you never played much with a wood blade. I'm using a composite now because there is very little supply of wood blade patterns. Plus, composites improve your shot.

gojacketsgo61

Fire the Refs!
Apr 27, 2009
I just wrap 2 layers of white tape about 10 inches down the top for my hand grip. I use bladetape for my blade but when I don't I go heel to toe, very slowly. I then wax it.

trtaylor

May 5, 2010
For those of you that use the gauze tape for the grip, what is the difference between the stretch gauze and cohesive gauze tapes?

I kinda like the looks of kr580's tape job and want to give it a try. Didn't know which tape to use. Maybe it doesn't really matter?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad