Taping twigs--Zibanejad

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Pretty odd series for him to do but I watched his Panarin one and had never noticed how Panarin tapes his blade before. Take a close look:

Attachments

• 3B39523B-EFE2-43F2-A5D3-8A1DC44EBB43.jpeg
    3B39523B-EFE2-43F2-A5D3-8A1DC44EBB43.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 6

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I guess it does resonate with people who play/ed more. I was watching it sort of cringing, sort of thinking what an odd video series to make and sort of being like yep, mmhmm, trim the toe, break it in the back, keep it tight. And then I felt weird. But I guess taping sticks is a bit ritualistic when you play so it sucks you in, watching somehow.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I guess it does resonate with people who play/ed more. I was watching it sort of cringing, sort of thinking what an odd video series to make and sort of being like yep, mmhmm, trim the toe, break it in the back, keep it tight. And then I felt weird. But I guess taping sticks is a bit ritualistic when you play so it sucks you in, watching somehow.

His personality is awful. He seems like a robot that someone programmed to have a personality.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I felt like the thing would've been 10 million suns burning bright better if he had facetimed Mika, whom I presume is back in Sweden, demonstrate it.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Bauer does a good version of this called "Taping with the Pros." Each player has an interesting backstory for why they tape the way they do.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Bauer does a good version of this called "Taping with the Pros." Each player has an interesting backstory for why they tape the way they do.
But it's the players talking about themselves, not Marc Savard being creepy with other people's sticks, amirite?

Last edited:
Reactions: Crease

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Yeah, otherwise why even mention him by name? I guess that's how he tapes the stick?

Yeah, that’s all he does. For like 2 years he’s been posting these videos demonstrating specifically how different guys in the league tape their sticks. I’ve only watched a handful because, frankly it’s awful and cringy, but a couple guys have interesting tape jobs, like Panarin’s single strip of black tape on the front and back of the blade and the white toe. The white tape at the end makes it so I’ve never noticed the black strip but after watching the video and looking at pictures of Panarin I was like “well, I’ll be” so I guess once in a blue moon it’s interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad