Tanner Pearson...Come on Down!!!

gtwyc

FlyingHeadButts4All
Jun 5, 2011
los angeles, ca
mr 10 i think could really help brown. richie is a great playmaker but he has such a simple approach he likes putting pucks in dangerous areas (slot) where brown should be when he is in the offensive zone... when brown plays with kopitar he gets comfortable handling the puck on the perimeter (king is just as effective if not more than brown on the boards). brown needs to be in the muck of things causing havoc in front of the net not trying to play a possession game on the perimeter.

1st line of king kopi williams could still be a top possession line while our 1b line of brown richards TT/JC have a more direct approach in the O zone. the two way play would not be compromised either with a king and brown switch

triplcrown

Jul 23, 2006
SF Valley, SoCal
Maybe it's time to
bring up Michonne...
Michonne.jpg

*Rick Grimes likes this*

Last edited:

KingKopitar11*

Richards makes better passes I agree. Richards puts the puck to the prime areas to score, even if he gets hit or something. Kopitars play making is very safe and predictable. Richards is more instinctual.

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010
Richards makes better passes I agree. Richards puts the puck to the prime areas to score, even if he gets hit or something. Kopitars play making is very safe and predictable. Richards is more instinctual.

And yet kopitar will always out assist richards even though richards plays with by far our best goal scorer. Wonder how many more assists kopi would have if he had carter on his line.

gtwyc

FlyingHeadButts4All
Jun 5, 2011
los angeles, ca
kopi and carter would be so lethal! kopi obviously can really spring our forwards on the transition so well. with carters speed and kopis ability to spring him on the counter those two could really do some damage! kopi would easily be a PPG no doubt!

king-kopi-carter
brown-richards-williams

Last edited:

KingKopitar11*

And yet kopitar will always out assist richards even though richards plays with by far our best goal scorer. Wonder how many more assists kopi would have if he had carter on his line.

True. But I gotta admit, Kopitar may be the better Passer, but Richards reads and predicts the players position, and passes to them, regardless if it's easy or not.

I feel Kopitar isn't creative and not risky with his pass attempts. Just my pov

Stitic00

May 16, 2013
Brown - Kopitar - Williams
Pearson - Richards - Carter
King - Vey - Toffoli
Carcillo - Lewis - Frattin

Nolan - Fraser

This is what I believe the lines should look like by the end of the year. If Stoll is healthy and isn't traded then he takes over 4th line center duties with some pk work Lewis would move to wing and frattin would switch. He's becoming a situational player at this point in his career.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
So, lines will likely be...

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
King-Richards-Toffoli
Pearson-Vey-Lewis
Nolan-Fraser-Frattin

I agree with the first 3 lines. The 4th line could be several combinations. I'd like to think that Carcillo and Nolan would be the wings, but at the same time, Frattin probably needs to play as well so, who knows...

KingKopitar11*

I agree with the first 3 lines. The 4th line could be several combinations. I'd like to think that Carcillo and Nolan would be the wings, but at the same time, Frattin probably needs to play as well so, who knows...

Put Nolan at center. It's his natural position.

Carcillo Nolan Frattin

jml87

Jun 27, 2011

Richards has played the majority of his time in LA without any production from the LW. In fact, last year Carter and Richards combined for one less goal than the whole first line. Imagine what happens if you'd given them someone good to work with.

Also, Kopi plays more minutes than Richards and despite that, they are still tied in points this year. And he's still scoring those points without Carter currently. The fact that the second line, with a 3rd liner and a rookie, is outplaying the first line with three veteran top line guys, tells me that they need to step it up.

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010
Richards has played the majority of his time in LA without any production from the LW. In fact, last year Carter and Richards combined for one less goal than the whole first line. Imagine what happens if you'd given them someone good to work with.

Also, Kopi plays more minutes than Richards and despite that, they are still tied in points this year. And he's still scoring those points without Carter currently. The fact that the second line, with a 3rd liner and a rookie, is outplaying the first line with three veteran top line guys, tells me that they need to step it up.

Except toffoli is our best winger with carter out and Browns awful this year. Richards has played with significantly more talent IMO. Kopi needs help.

We dont have any LWers (im guessing Pearson will be our best) so we cant help kopi there but we do have carter and toffoli. Of course they will never play with kopitar, because the kings have determined its better to put williams with him to help out puck possession? I dont get it...

Maybe the reason kopitar doesnt find open players in the slot when he has the puck in the corner is because noones there... instead williams is 5 feet to his side on the boards and browns behind the net.

I know its a crazy idea but it sure would be nice to put one of our 2 snipers with our best playmaker...

Crazy talk though. Who am i kidding, We should never try that

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Except toffoli is our best winger with carter out and Browns awful this year. Richards has played with significantly more talent IMO. Kopi needs help.

We dont have any LWers (im guessing Pearson will be our best) so we cant help kopi there but we do have carter and toffoli. Of course they will never play with kopitar, because the kings have determined its better to put williams with him to help out puck possession? I dont get it...

Maybe the reason kopitar doesnt find open players in the slot when he has the puck in the corner is because noones there... instead williams is 5 feet to his side on the boards and browns behind the net.

I know its a crazy idea but it sure would be nice to put one of our 2 snipers with our best playmaker...

Crazy talk though. Who am i kidding, We should never try that

I think you're undervaluing Williams a bit, and while Toffoli is good, he's still only 15 games in to his NHL career. But I understand wanting to try them with Kopi. Problem is that they both have been work so well with Richards, it's hard to switch them out. We have enough trouble scoring goals, do we really want to break up our best line to see if Toffoli would work with Kopitar? Maybe he'll be more willing to try Carter on the first line after he comes back, but right now he seems intent on keeping that first line intact.

HolyShot*

mr 10 i think could really help brown. richie is a great playmaker but he has such a simple approach he likes putting pucks in dangerous areas (slot) where brown should be when he is in the offensive zone... when brown plays with kopitar he gets comfortable handling the puck on the perimeter (king is just as effective if not more than brown on the boards). brown needs to be in the muck of things causing havoc in front of the net not trying to play a possession game on the perimeter.

1st line of king kopi williams could still be a top possession line while our 1b line of brown richards TT/JC have a more direct approach in the O zone. the two way play would not be compromised either with a king and brown switch

I like this ^. For some strange, masochistic reason, I like this.

HolyShot*

So he can practice getting lost in the corners trying to find the puck and body checking people 13 seconds after they've already made their pass?

I always thought frattin would be a 2nd or 3rd line run n gun kind of guy. Raking up 30 goals and 30 assists.

I guess the kings are still finding ways to make grinders out of goal scorers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad