Confirmed with Link: Tanner Jeannot extended. 2 years $1.5 million

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Figured this was inevitable after he was protected in the expansion draft.

I have to admit I'm still a tad skeptical myself, but I didn't see nearly as many Preds games this past year as I normally do and so missed out on a lot. So I'll give him the chance to impress me. :)

Reactions: PredsHead

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
He was definitely impressive in the small sample. It's kind of hard to really BELIEVE, since before the season started he wasn't even a factor whatsoever in any of our prospect discussions. At least just from the Milwaukee-stats-watching side of things I think we almost all just wrote him off. But I don't really recall any of our Milwaukee posters jumping up to offer any counterpoint to that, which usually they do if they see something our stats-watching misses out on. :dunno:

But at the same time, I guess outside of the on-ice things, he was impressing everybody inside the organization off the ice with work ethic, dedication, attitude, leadership, etc, so when he finally did explode this year in Chicago and then here, it wasn't as much of a surprise to people inside the organization as it was to the rest of us just following along from the peanut gallery? :dunno:

Anyway, perfect contract, nice they got him 2 years and he's still RFA at the end. Because if he does keep it up next year, he's going to be worth a heckuvalot more than $800k.

Last edited:
Reactions: PredsV82

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Figured this was inevitable after he was protected in the expansion draft.

I have to admit I'm still a tad skeptical myself, but I didn't see nearly as many Preds games this past year as I normally do and so missed out on a lot. So I'll give him the chance to impress me. :)

Oh man, he was one of the more enjoyable story lines I can remember in the last 5-6 years. Worth going back and watching a few of his games where he got some minutes. He had a little coming out party in a Dallas game if I remember right.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I was listening to a few month old post season exit style interview with Karl Taylor and the interesting thing about Jeannot is how often he is referred to as "just being different". He was positively glowing about him and how committed he is to succeeding and getting better. Jeannot was cited as being direct in asking what he needs to improve on, and then doing what they ask him to do. Taylor said he basically couldn't keep him from exceeding expectations despite some pretty significant road blocks.

Last edited:

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
But at the same time, I guess outside of the on-ice things, he was impressing everybody inside the organization off the ice with work ethic, dedication, attitude, leadership, etc, so when he finally did explode this year in Chicago and then here, it wasn't as much of a surprise to people inside the organization as it was to the rest of us just following along from the peanut gallery? :dunno:
Yeah, for the player development people they see that "explosion" as the end result of everything they've been working on. So they aren't the least bit surprised and have a good handle on the next expectation or goal for the player whereas we're left guessing if it was a flash in the pan or something real.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
I expect Jeannot to be making much more on his next contract. This is a good deal for him to continue to grow and expand his impact on the game, if that’s possible. Also a great value deal for the Preds.

Jeannot exploded this past season starting in the ECHL, moving up to the AHL when camps opened, and then quickly earning his way to the NHL. Great story and one I hope we see continue to grow over the next two seasons!

Reactions: PredsV82

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Look, he delivered. He was given a chance, and he blew the doors off. You have to give him more rope here to show us what he has. I'm excited to have him in the organization. He has a lot of different skill sets.

Let's hope he is part of the turnaround for this organization over the next few years.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->