Value of: Tanner Glass

Shoofyou10

Apr 30, 2009
The Burgh
As far as under the radar bad signings, this one was really terrible. He was so bad for the Pens. I honestly don't think he has any value.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
As far as under the radar bad signings, this one was really terrible. He was so bad for the Pens. I honestly don't think he has any value.

Oh, it wasn't under the radar bad, at least as far as Ranger fans were concerned.

We were pissed before the ink even dried. One of Sather's many parting gifts.

TheHoff

Apr 11, 2007
I remember his Vancouver days and those were bad already.

But isn't Glass the worst forward in the NHL for the last few years (posession numbers, corsi and so)? Stats nerds?

Last edited:

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
"Future considerations" from a team 1.64 below cap floor. But why not bring up a kid or overpay Doan, instead?

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam

But isn't Glass the worst forward in the NHL for the last few years (posession numbers, corsi and so)? Stats nerds?

He makes Clarkson look decent.

vyvdrr.jpg

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Oh, it wasn't under the radar bad, at least as far as Ranger fans were concerned.

We were pissed before the ink even dried. One of Sather's many parting gifts.

I don't blame Sather for Glass. I 100% blame AV.

I think Sather gave AV what he wanted, especially bc this was right after the surprise run to the SCF.

AV loves Tanner Glass and he is the reason he is a Ranger and still plays.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
These threads never go well. Even if it's something a GM might consider, fans in no way would consider it so asking them what they would give up to get out of a contract will never fly on a message board. Especially a fairly cheap contract with only one year left.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
What would the rangers add on to glass for a sweetener for other teams to take on his 1 year left?

He has $950 in actual salary. The Rangers can take a minor-leaguer on a one-way deal, which will result in both teams paying about the same in salaries, but a team with lower spending ability that doesn't care about the cap, just actual salary can get an NHL player for about the same they're paying a minor leaguer.

Also, for a team without an ability to spend a lot, getting Glass at $950 for one year makes a lot more sense than getting another 4th liner for $2.5 for 3 or 4 years. Glass with 1 year and $950 left is a lot more desired than at $4.35 over 3 years. I also have to assume that for a team that has no ability to spend big, it's better to get Glass at a third of the price of Matt Martin.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Just let him stay for one more year so I can point and laugh and then he'll be gone. Next year's rangers will not be competitors, no reason to make any moves for the present.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
There really is no reason for the Rangers to move him at this point, if it means having to send assets along with him. He can be buried in the AHL and NYR only incurs a $500k cap charge, and his contract only has 1 year left on it. He might have been useful to a budget team trying to reach the cap floor ($1.45M cap hit, $1M in actual salary), but I don't know if any teams are in that position anymore.

He's a terrible, terrible player, and if a team wanted to take him for future considerations, that'd be awesome. But, NYR doesn't need to move him. We have the cap space, and we aren't even close to the 50 contract limit.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York

Yes, and he'd probably be one of the worst forwards in the AHL as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad