GDT: TankTown Express: HOFer Goes Again

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
For those watching the Gophers game, the goalie for the opposing team was at Blues prospect camp last summer and is from O’Fallon MO.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
And now we get to see if Hofer stays up or goes back down. Springfield plays their first games since Binnington’s suspension ended back to back tomorrow and Saturday.
They used their 3rd of 4 after deadline callups on him. Looks like he's staying until AHL playoffs.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Nice to see another (especially comback road) win by The Blues, with Hofer playing well, and Blais staying Hot. Good to see Toropchenko and Neighbours score. Too bad Thomas was out and the lines had to be broken up and re-assembled. The Blues' forwards were good down low, getting there, holding their positions, and knocking in rebounds. The defence has looked much better since Krug has been out. I'd rather see this than The Blues losing 18 of their last 20 in a "tank", because, even that wouldn't have guaranteed they'd get Bedard. I'm still enthusiastic about next season. I'm confident an armstrong miracle will improve the defence more than we expect.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
yes a Dman with 13 points. What a player! Walman sucked here and was never going to be anything.

What new adblock system?
it loads the page then redirects to this page. just another click, but i'm sure they'll just keep edging closer to forcing the ads or blocking access all together

1679624003869.png

1679624046653.png

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldenSeal

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
it loads the page then redirects to this page. just another click, but i'm sure they'll just keep edging closer to forcing the ads or blocking access all together

View attachment 674904

View attachment 674905
This is the shit I was dealing with for a couple months a little while ago. Every page. Every click. Somehow it just randomly fixed itself and I only have to close a little pop up once a day now.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
This is the shit I was dealing with for a couple months a little while ago. Every page. Every click. Somehow it just randomly fixed itself and I only have to close a little pop up once a day now.
Ads don’t pop up for me, but that annoying “support us” pop-up has been popping up a lot more lately than it used to.

HF is being more persistent with that. I don’t blame them. Revenue steams are important.

I might throw them a bone soon and become a sponsor for a year.

RR10

Jul 2, 2018
Nice to see another (especially comback road) win by The Blues, with Hofer playing well, and Blais staying Hot. Good to see Toropchenko and Neighbours score. Too bad Thomas was out and the lines had to be broken up and re-assembled. The Blues' forwards were good down low, getting there, holding their positions, and knocking in rebounds. The defence has looked much better since Krug has been out. I'd rather see this than The Blues losing 18 of their last 20 in a "tank", because, even that wouldn't have guaranteed they'd get Bedard. I'm still enthusiastic about next season. I'm confident an armstrong miracle will improve the defence more than we expect.
I'd rather lose meaningless games and take around 8% chance on Bedard rather than 3-5%.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Solid comeback win. Our forward core, even without Thomas tonight, looks a million times better with the additions of Vrana, Kapanen and Blais and better showings from Neighbors and Toro. Hofer looks like a real starter but homeboy needs to work on his puck handling...

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Solid comeback win. Our forward core, even without Thomas tonight, looks a million times better with the additions of Vrana, Kapanen and Blais and better showings from Neighbors and Toro. Hofer looks like a real starter but homeboy needs to work on his puck handling...
And subtractions of others.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

Nah, I want them to lose every single game because you only get a "chance" at a player like Bedard maybe once in a life time. We had ZERO shot at Mcdavid remember?

Reactions: DoubleK81

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Wasn't the tuna boat about making the playoffs? That's basically impossible barring a complete collapse of 3 teams ahead of us and us winning out. So what's the point?
The Tuna Boat is about the Tuna Boat lol. It's like Fight Club or Jim Carrey or WWE/F/G/Whateverhaveyou.

Anyone who believed this team would tank, is a lunatic. It wasn't going to happen and the truth is we're better than the teams below us, it's just facts. Had Army chosen to revise the blueline around the TDL and brought up Hofer sooner, we'd be fighting for a playoff spot. It's not the Boat's fault that Army chose to do some of the things he did; those things are coming back to bite us hard while a few other things he did has brought up back to life. Love him or hate him, that's the truth.

No matter what, the train has failed. That's kind of the point of this. We're not only sailing along but the team has looked great. Imagine how much better we would be had we chosen to retool the D at the TDL. It's obvious Army finds nothing wrong with the blueline where EVERYTHING that is wrong with the team is ON the blueline.

So even though it's a BS victory on the Tuna Boat's part because no, we won't make the playoffs, the fact is we didn't tank either. Which one is more important to the reader is really on the reader but I have an integrity issue with tanking for any reason. If we're that bad, we'll get Bedard. Truth is, we were never that bad. Like Vrana said "Something just wasn't working" and I'd love to know what. These people are paid far too much to eat shit like that.

Last edited:

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
The Tuna Boat is about the Tuna Boat lol. It's like Fight Club or Jim Carrey or WWE/F/G/Whateverhaveyou.

Anyone who believed this team would tank, is a lunatic. It wasn't going to happen and the truth is we're better than the teams below us, it's just facts. Had Army chosen to revise the blueline around the TDL and brought up Hofer sooner, we'd be fighting for a playoff spot. It's not the Boat's fault that Army chose to do some of the things he did; those things are coming back to bite us hard while a few other things he did has brought up back to life. Love him or hate him, that's the truth.

No matter what, the train has failed. That's kind of the point of this. We're not only sailing along but the team has looked great. Imagine how much better we would be had we chosen to retool the D at the TDL. It's obvious Army finds nothing wrong with the blueline where EVERYTHING that is wrong with the team is ON the blueline.

So even though it's a BS victory on the Tuna Boat's part because no, we won't make the playoffs, the fact is we didn't tank either. Which one is more important to the reader is really on the reader but I have an integrity issue with tanking for any reason. If we're that bad, we'll get Bedard. Truth is, we were never that bad. Like Vrana said "Something just wasn't working" and I'd love to know what. These people are paid far too much to eat shit like that.
Lol ya because Hofer is the difference right? get f***ing real.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad