Tanking for Alexis Lafreniere

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Very exciting, just like when the team drafted Galchenyuk and then ruined him but i'm sure that wont happen yet again. I think at this point I would trade that 1st round pick to never see Bergevin with the Habs again.
Haven't seen you in a long long time bud. How you been?

Reactions: Chez Jesperi

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
So, another top10 pick looming and Molson is in status quo mode. Absolutely mind boggling. He is the main villain in this disaster. If he dare to show up in the end of the season PC, hopefully journos attack him with merciless questions...or with the rotten eggs.
Nah, they're all part of his payroll. They'll throw flowers his way and "believe" all the excuses. They'll probably fire Julien and call him the bad guy.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I just want our scouts to do their freakin homework, get a 1st-round pick that pushes us ahead and then find a real gem in the 2nd round. Like, draft picks who develop into stars for our team, you know, like other teams get? You cannot build a house on a sunken foundation, and that's exactly what Bergevin has been trying to do as our prospect pool continues to add nothing to our roster.
When you think that the prospects we get could develop under other development programs this is when despair settles in very easily. For instance, what happened to Kotka this season, looks eerily similar to what happened to Leblanc. Leblanc said that the second season when he came everything had changed for him and that he was struggling to keep his ice time. Looks and sounds very similar.

You guys think Caufield is going to have it easy? :laugh:

I doubt drafting "better" is going to be a thing.

Reactions: cphabs

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
So 8 teams with less points than the Habs right now. Besides Detroit, all of them with at least 1 game in hand.

Min and Chi definitely within reach to pass us. SJ/Ana/NJ/Ott a group with an outside shot at passing us. LA/Det no chance.

So 7th overall (pre-lottery) is very possible. Anything lower than that, I'd be surprised.

Reactions: calder candidate

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
When you think that the prospects we get could develop under other development programs this is when despair settles in very easily. For instance, what happened to Kotka this season, looks eerily similar to what happened to Leblanc. Leblanc said that the second season when he came everything had changed for him and that he was struggling to keep his ice time. Looks and sounds very similar.

You guys think Caufield is going to have it easy? :laugh:

I doubt drafting "better" is going to be a thing.
Yeah... "Despair settles in" is a good description. If we keep the same backwards scouting and coaching we'll be stuck in hockey hell forever. It's past the point where we can blame it on bad luck. Year after year of bad results speak -- or lament -- for themselves.

Only positive is I think our market's anger has reached critical mass. Molson may have no choice but to finally tear it down.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I really hope we lose both games before the deadline and that Fla and Tor win at least a game each so we are officially out with no prentending about unlikely chances and such as pathetic reasoning for not selling on Monday.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
On Chris Nilan's Off the Cuff Show yesterday, someone chimed in that even if Marc Bergevin offered the Habs' 12 best prospects and their 2020 No. 1 draft pick to Red Wings' GM Stevie Y, Stevie would not give the Habs Alexis Lafreniere. I would love it if the Kings won the Lafreniere lottery.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So 8 teams with less points than the Habs right now. Besides Detroit, all of them with at least 1 game in hand.

Min and Chi definitely within reach to pass us. SJ/Ana/NJ/Ott a group with an outside shot at passing us. LA/Det no chance.

So 7th overall (pre-lottery) is very possible. Anything lower than that, I'd be surprised.

5-10 range is certainly in play if the Habs decide to make some trades on the sellers market and rest some vets. Pretty sure the players are close to getting to the point of being uninspired for this season.. it's taken a while

What will annoy me is if we have the 6th or 7th pick and a team in the 8-10 range wins the lottery

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
The Tank hides until next game.

gf4xnldhzjy01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad