Tanking for Alexis Lafreniere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm actually going to cry if we don't win the 1st overall pick. You think these guys can make the right call? If we draft another player by need it won't be good for my health.
Yikes! Been saying this for awhile -- forget about Lafreniere. There are five or six teams who ain't getting out of our way. If you want to count on blind lottery luck, okay, but it's much healthier for your blood pressure if you accept reality.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'd be happy with any of Laf, Byfield, Stutzle or Drysdale.
I just want our scouts to do their freakin homework, get a 1st-round pick that pushes us ahead and then find a real gem in the 2nd round. Like, draft picks who develop into stars for our team, you know, like other teams get? You cannot build a house on a sunken foundation, and that's exactly what Bergevin has been trying to do as our prospect pool continues to add nothing to our roster.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Guys forget Laffy.

We will be lucky to draft top 5.

Say we drop 15 of the last 20, it's still not getting up to Ottawa and Detroit territory.

I would love Laffy but it's really a non issue.

Now if we draft top 3 and get Steutsel or whatever his is that can still be great.

Too many people shooting for the moon here. Let's hope top 3 for now and worry about 1st overall next season.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I just want our scouts to do their freakin homework, get a 1st-round pick that pushes us ahead and then find a real gem in the 2nd round. Like, draft picks who develop into stars for our team, you know, like other teams get? You cannot build a house on a sunken foundation, and that's exactly what Bergevin has been trying to do as our prospect pool continues to add nothing to our roster.
Absolutely. Franchise talents are available in the second round but TT can't seem to find them particularly at C. Either way, all need to go MB, TT and all crew.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Agreed. I mean, busts happen in the first round, let alone #1 picks but for the most part, top-10 picks are pretty easy. It’s everything after where scouts need to do their homework and be on top of their games. We really need some homeruns in the latter rounds. Heck, I’d. E fine if we can at least find dependable bottom-6 players and third pair defenceman which we are struggling to develop.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Great day for all you thank enthusiasts.

If we win the 1st overall, expect some conspiracy theory threads on the main board

Yes and that'll be extremely entertaining. Looking forward to it.

Guys forget Laffy.

We will be lucky to draft top 5.

Say we drop 15 of the last 20, it's still not getting up to Ottawa and Detroit territory.

I would love Laffy but it's really a non issue.

Now if we draft top 3 and get Steutsel or whatever his is that can still be great.

Too many people shooting for the moon here. Let's hope top 3 for now and worry about 1st overall next season.

Its all about the lottery. Without winning a lotto pick we wont draft top 10 this year imo - absolutely no chance for top 5. But with lotto odds anything possible

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Very exciting, just like when the team drafted Galchenyuk and then ruined him but i'm sure that wont happen yet again. I think at this point I would trade that 1st round pick to never see Bergevin with the Habs again.

FinnHab

May 24, 2006
overseas...
So, another top10 pick looming and Molson is in status quo mode. Absolutely mind boggling. He is the main villain in this disaster. If he dare to show up in the end of the season PC, hopefully journos attack him with merciless questions...or with the rotten eggs.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
So, another top10 pick looming and Molson is in status quo mode. Absolutely mind boggling. He is the main villain in this disaster. If he dare to show up in the end of the season PC, hopefully journos attack him with merciless questions...or with the rotten eggs.

He’ll just say it was all part of a bigger plan (even though they clearly tried to make the playoffs until the Scandella trade), and that the hot dogs will be even BETTER next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad