NHL Entry Draft: Tankhouse' Mock Version 2

Tankhouse

Mar 21, 2011
Tankhouse' Mock Draft V2.0

This is my second go around with a mock, This time I've added the second round as well as a few trades that I feel teams might make to get the guy they want.

First Round

1. EDM- Ryan Nugent Hopkins. C
Edm uses it's second first overall in a row to add thier franchise centerman.

2. COL- Johnathan Huberdeau. C/LW
The perfect player to play with Matt Duchene. Huberdeau had an exceptional playoffs and mem-cup

3. FLA- Sean Couturier. C
Posses all the skill that a Coach will drool over, and size to boot.

TRADE: 4 for 7 and 37 With three forwards going 1-3 NJ moves down knowing they can still nab one of the big name defenders at 7. WPG makes a spalsh at it's first draft moves up to 4

4. WPG- Adam Larsson. D
Will play immediatly This Franchise defender will play alongside big Buff Bog and Enstrom, giving the Peg a elite top 4

5. NYI- Gabriel Landeskog.
NY is thrilled to have Landeskog fall to them at 5

6. OTT-Ryan Strome. C
BPA, also fills a need going forward

7.NJ- Dougie Hamilton D
Big Body can become the cornerstone of the Devils blueline for years

8. CBJ. Ryan Murphy. D
The top offensive Defencemen in the draft

9. BOS via TOR. Nathan Beaulieu. D
With the failure of the Tomas Kaberle aquisition, Boston grabs a puckmover who they can develop.

10. MIN. Joel Armia. LW- Assat FIN.
Minny loves it's finnish players and Joel is a perfect fit.

TRADE: Toronto Trades 25 and 39 as well as a third for the 11th overall. Colorodo adds more picks and still retains a second first. Toronto moves up to get the guy they want.

11. TOR via COL via STL. Mika Zibanjed C
Mika has the size and skill to be a dominant force in the NHL, Toronto adresses thier need for a franchise type centerman.

12. CAR. Duncan Siemans. D
GM Rutherford will buck the trend that sees CAR only draft forwards in the first. Siemans is too good to pass on.

13. CAL. Mark Sheifele C
Calgary grabs the BPA and the Center they so desperatly need

14. DAL. Jameison Oleksiak D
Dal has thier puckmover in Gologoski, now they add size to thier back end, lots and lots of size.

15. NYR. Mark McNiell. C
NY grabs the big poweford from the "dub" he's a bit raw but has NHL size already.

16. BUF. J.T Miller. C
A sound two way player in the mold of a Joe Pavelski. He is just what the doctor ordered for the Sabers

17. MTL. Matt Puempel LW
He has a scorers touch, as well he brings some size to a small Montreal top 6

18. CHI. Sven Bartschi LW
The super skilled Swiss born Bartschi is gonna look awefull good playing alongside Toews

19. EDM Oscar Kelfbom. D
The fast rising Klefbom is a great fit for the Oil, who could use some help on the back end

20. PHO. Zack Phillips C
Phillips is the best center available, this addresses a need for the yotes

21. OTT via NAS. Brandon Saad. LW
The Big powerforward will be a welcome addition the the young Senators

22. ANA. Tomas Jurco. RW
The flashy Slovak will fit in nicely with the grit and speed of Anaheim

23. PIT. Ty Rattie. LW
The young sniperwill look even better playing with either of the games top Centers

24. DET. Joe Morrow D
Joe is a fantastic skater and moves the puck extremely well, something Detroit will need with Rafalski retired and Lidstroms future uncertain

25. COL via TOR via PHI. Nicklas Jensen RW
The Big Dane will be a nice addition to the still maturing Avs

26. WAS. Boone Jenner C
Boone brings something that has been lacking in Washington for the last couple years in the playoffs. Heart. Soul and Grit

27. TB. Scott Mayfield D
TB is lacking in depth amonst thier defense prospects, this pick will fix that

28. SJ. Connor Murphy D
The Big defender was the hero at the u18's and has been a late riser. sould add some needed depth to San joses back end

TRADE: TOR trades 29 To Chicago for 43 and 48. With the player they wanted gone (Puempel) TOR trades down for two seconds
29. CHI viaTor via Bos. Rocco Grimaldi. C
The Sparkplug from the USNDTP is super skilled, Chicago won't be afraid that he is a tad undersized

30. Van. Tyler Biggs RW
The Big powerforward falls to 30, the Canucks will be thrilled to have him

Second Round
31. EDM- Brett Ritchie- RW
32. STL via COL- Alexander Khokhachev- F
33. FLO- Vladislav Namestnikov- F
34. NYI- Jonas Brodin- D
35. OTT- David Musil- D
36. CHI via WPG Seth Ambroz- F
37. CLB- Dmitri Jaskin- F
38. NAS- Daniel Cattenacci- F
39. COL via Tor- Phillip Danualt- F
40. Bos via MIN Mario Lucio- F
41.STL- Christopher Gibson- G
42. CAR- Rickard Rackell- F
43. TOR via CHI- Victor Rask- C
44. DAL- Shane Prince- F
45. NYR- Joel Edmunson- D
46. STL via BUF- Macus Granlund- C
47. FLO via MTL- John Gibson-G
48. TOR via CHI- Stuart Percy- D
49. LA- Mika Salomaki- RW
50. NYI via MTL- Samu Perhonen- G
51. PHO- Adam Clendening- D
52. NAS- Stefan Noeson- F
53. ANA- Lucas Lessio- F
54. PIT- Nick Shore- F
55. DET- Max Fribergk- F
56. PHO via PHI- Zakhar Arzamastsev- D
57. NYR via WAS- Michael St Croix- F
58. TB- Matthew Nieto- F
59. SJ- Joachim Nermark- F
60. BOS- Tyler Wotherspoon- D
61. VAN- Myles Bell- D

As you can see compared to my First Draft this one is quite a bit different. Comments of course are always welcome. I know the trades are unlikely, but is a mock and it's always fun to deal with what if's in these things :)

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
Always said quality over quantity. I like this from a leafs pov idk how thrilled other teams would be tho

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
Well Chicago's 48th pick belongs to Ottawa and you also forgot that Ottawa gets Boston's second round pick too.

King Henrique

¡ɹǝʌo s,ʇı ¡ǝnbıɹuǝɥ
Jan 8, 2010
NJ
I find it extremely hard to believe that NJ would trade the number 4 pick with Adam Larsson still on the board.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Funny...you have Phx selecting 2 d'men in the 2nd round, when they would probably prefer the players that follow them

Stefan Noeson and Michael St. Croix

Especially since we are loaded on the back end with: Gormley, Summers, Goncharov, Stone, etc...

What we lack is scoring forwards, so Noeson/St.Croix would be welcome additions. If MacLean is up with the big club (out of exemptions), then the best forward scorer in the system would be Miele and then Szwarz and that is it...pretty weak.

Not that I think Noeson/St.Croix are going to become scoring forwards (top 6) in the NHL, but you've got to throw some stuff at the wall and hopefully something sticks.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Just curious, how does Atlanta/Winnipeg get pick 37 to make the trade with New Jersey? They dont have a 2nd round pick this year as they traded the pick to Chicago for Andrew Ladd

Also if they did get pick 4, they certainly won't be drafting Larsson with Landeskog still available. The team needs a right wing badly.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
TRADE: TOR trades 29 To Chicago for 43 and 48. With the player they wanted gone (Puempel) TOR trades down for two seconds

why should the Hawks trade 2 2nd Rounder for this? we have the #36 pick and this isn't worth it. We have depth, we need quality

Tankhouse

Mar 21, 2011
Thanks for the comments, to be honest, I looked at Wiki for the draft order in the second round so that's what I followed. As far as certain teams IE Pho grabbing defencemen instead of forwards or whatever, I had teams adressing serious needs in the first round and went with the BPA in the second. If The Draft order ws incorrect i apologize.

As far as the T.O Trades are concerned Brian Burke has made it clear he wants to move up, and the best team to deal with would be a team like COL that has multiple early picks. I really did try to address needs in the first round.

Tankhouse

Mar 21, 2011

why should the Hawks trade 2 2nd Rounder for this? we have the #36 pick and this isn't worth it. We have depth, we need quality

Because Rocco is one of the most skilled players in the draft. This isn't a desperation move. If Rocco was 6.2 200 lbs he would be considered a top 10 pick. Chicago adds serious Quality with this pick

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
Thanks for the comments, to be honest, I looked at Wiki for the draft order in the second round so that's what I followed. As far as certain teams IE Pho grabbing defencemen instead of forwards or whatever, I had teams adressing serious needs in the first round and went with the BPA in the second. If The Draft order ws incorrect i apologize.

As far as the T.O Trades are concerned Brian Burke has made it clear he wants to move up, and the best team to deal with would be a team like COL that has multiple early picks. I really did try to address needs in the first round.

They might be the BPA available in the second round, but Ottawa is not picking 3 defenseman

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
I'd be unhappy if Colorado made that deal. I'd much rather have Huberdeau/Landeskog/Larsson and Beaulieu/Siemens/Zibanejad/Bartschi.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I would be elated if I was NJ, they trade down and still get Hamilton whom I think is going to be better than Larsson.

The 1st and 3rd trades are not bad but the the Toronto to 11 is out of whack, not enough coming from Toronto in that trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->