Post-Game Talk: Tank thread: All over

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Said this a million times, will say a million more if that's what it takes to drill through someone's skull:

Lack of draft picks can be compensated by savvy GM; Ten years worth of top picks can't help a manager who makes Chief Wiggum looks like a ****ing Nobel-winning genius.

EXACTLY this. Thank you.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I am not a Benning supporter and have zero problem with criticizing management. Do it in a way that's consistent and makes sense and you'll never hear from me.
It makes perfect sense. I would have been fine with winning the lottery if Jim Benning made rebuilding moves to finish in a bottom 5 position. Instead, he signed vets to long term deals, didn't manage to trade more for picks throughout the season, etc. I don't want Benning to be rewarded for not rebuilding, nor do I want fans that defend management constantly to be rewarded for doing it the wrong way .

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Canucks final standing over the last 4 years:

2016 = 28th
2017 = 29th
2018 = 28th
2019 = 23rd
2020 = ?

Without Petey and God-mode Markstrom, this would have been another pathetic 28th/29th overall season.

They were still nearly as bad last year. A bunch of teams in the West just happened to take a dump at the same time.

We only have more ROW than the Ottawa Senators. That's the real indication of how good the team actually is.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
They were still nearly as bad last year. A bunch of teams in the West just happened to take a dump at the same time.

We only have more ROW than the Ottawa Senators. That's the real indication of how good the team actually is.

We kind of really stink right now, agreed?
I just wish we could have finished with a guaranteed top five pick. Picking the middle of the first round is a recipe for mediocrity.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
We kind of really stink right now, agreed?
I just wish we could have finished with a guaranteed top five pick. Picking the middle of the first round is a recipe for mediocrity.

Adding an elite prospect probably acts as a one-year life jacket to Benning and company. Maybe picking at around #10 is the best thing long-term.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
For all the fans that were anti tank, and loved the little moral victory victories at the end of the year...days like today and at the draft in Vancouver are the days when you cant even remember those useless wins and they are far more meaningless than they were at the time when the playoff push was already over.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
For all the fans that were anti tank, and loved the little moral victory victories at the end of the year...days like today and at the draft in Vancouver are the days when you cant even remember those useless wins and they are far more meaningless than they were at the time when the playoff push was already over.

I remember the useless wins in California on the back of Dan Hamhuis that lost us Auston Matthews.

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
at least there won't be a prospect added to our roster next year that'll have casuals continuing to nuthug jimbo

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I am not a Benning supporter and have zero problem with criticizing management. Do it in a way that's consistent and makes sense and you'll never hear from me.

‘Not a Benning supporter’

... of last 200 posts literally all of them are defending management, defending management acquisitions, or quibbling with criticisms of management.

Sure thing. No agenda here.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Yea but winning those games help develop a winning culture, look at all the winning we did this year! Who need Austin Matthews when we can have winning culture!?

Reactions: Canucks5551

wreckless

Apr 27, 2010
vancouver
lol. late winning streak = canucks draft 10th, Benning job saved.

the casuals deserve this for their treachery outwards Mike Gillis.

YOU DESERVE THIS!

and of course, a team like chicago moves way up.

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
The tank has fallen apart this year. We are guaranteed for mediocrity if we keep this up. This was actually a really bad result. We need to bottom out for 2 more years and pick up some big pieces. The tank needs to double it's efforts.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Well all those meaningless victories really cost the Canucks. 10th overall pick :laugh:

If 2 of our wins were losses instead we'd have had NYR's lottery numbers and would have jumped to 2nd. But hey, we got those extra wins, woohoo. Hell, that OTL bumped the team from 9th to 10th. Yay?

Part of me is happy we didn't move up though. I'm glad we won't be getting a player who will come in and save Benning's job. One more year of dealing with dumb and dumber in the front office before they'll be punted to the moon.

The Tank for Lafreniere campaign starts now!

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Well all those meaningless victories really cost the Canucks. 10th overall pick :laugh:

If 2 of our wins were losses instead we'd have had NYR's lottery numbers and would have jumped to 2nd. But hey, we got those extra wins, woohoo. Hell, that OTL bumped the team from 9th to 10th. Yay?

Part of me is happy we didn't move up though. I'm glad we won't be getting a player who will come in and save Benning's job. One more year of dealing with dumb and dumber in the front office before they'll be punted to the moon.

This team literally cannot do anything right.

They can't win, they can't lose, they are forever submerged in their own quagmire of mediocrity.

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
I hope Aquaman is seething so bad watching Jersy and the Hated Hawks strolling up to the podium in his own barn picking at the top the draft that he fires Benning right there on the draft floor.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I hope Aquaman is seething so bad watching Jersy and the Hated Hawks strolling up to the podium in his own barn picking at the top the draft that he fires Benning right there on the draft floor.
Or he could start lobbying behind the scenes to get rid of the f***ing idiot lottery that a) only ever f***s us over, and b) was only ever a solution in search of a problem to begin with.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C

Amin. Nothing will ever be fixed here until Jim Benning gets fired. If it takes another year of tanking, then I'm all aboard.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad