Post-Game Talk: Tank thread: All over

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Just for fun I did a win/win bet today
I bet that the Canucks would win, so if they lost in regulation I am happy, if they won I am happy.

Except hilariously enough I completely forgot that they could lose in an overtime or shoot out and it’s a lose lose, and of course in classic style that happens
lol I did the same thing. I was actually thinking of covering a shootout but I chickened out last minute.

I had a bad feeling when the canucks got that late PP that this game would go to a shootout.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Usual stupid useless win streak? The Canucks’ tank job the previous two years was best in the league. Getting a point and moving up a spot in the standings is actually unusual compared to the two previous seasons.

Best tank in the league by definition means we bottom out and finish last place.

Tell me again, cause my memory must be fuzzy...what rank did this team finish at?

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
I just hope the Canucks don't win the lottery now. I'd rather lose than have idiots coming in here and trying to justify Benning's lack of direction and **** tenure cause of dumb luck.
Really? You hope we lose the lottery? You hate Jim that much that you would give up a chance to draft Hughes? I don't think Jim has done a very good job either but I would sign him to a five year contract extension if it guaranteed we would win the lottery! That would actually make an interesting poll question to gauge the depth of hatred towards him!

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Really? You hope we lose the lottery? You hate Jim that much that you would give up a chance to draft Hughes? I don't think Jim has done a very good job either but I would sign him to a five year contract extension if it guaranteed we would win the lottery! That would actually make an interesting poll question to gauge the depth of hatred towards him!

Considering McDavid wasn't enough to save the Oilers from mismanagement, I don't think Hughes would either.

Reactions: B-rock

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I just hope the Canucks don't win the lottery now. I'd rather lose than have idiots coming in here and trying to justify Benning's lack of direction and **** tenure cause of dumb luck.
If you don't want them to win the lottery, why do get angry when they win and talk about how pissed off you are that they've reduced their chances of winning the lottery?

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
If you don't want them to win the lottery, why do get angry when they win and talk about how pissed off you are that they've reduced their chances of winning the lottery?
I've been pissed off all season after the useless wins. Have you not seen me in this tank thread the entire season? (and the seasons before that since I joined HF).

I've come to the conclusion that winning the lottery with small odds would be worse off because it would A: protect Benning's job for the long term and B: have Benning nut huggers who have been constantly been shilling for his moves be vindicated in defending him and treating the lottery win as 'part of the plan' or some other BS.

You're really not as smart as you want to sound. I see you make these sort of comments constantly trying to 'gotcha' everyone who criticises management, but it doesn't work on me.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
We hate Benning because we have zero confidence he will build the Canucks into a contending team and as long as he's the gm. We think winning the lottery is irrelevant as long he's around calling the shots. Five more years of Benning guarantees five more years of the Canucks being an irrelevance in the NHL. Therefore, the highest priority is getting rid of Benning before anything else can really matter.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Said this a million times, will say a million more if that's what it takes to drill through someone's skull:

Lack of draft picks can be compensated by savvy GM; Ten years worth of top picks can't help a manager who makes Chief Wiggum looks like a f***ing Nobel-winning genius.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Best tank in the league by definition means we bottom out and finish last place.

Tell me again, cause my memory must be fuzzy...what rank did this team finish at?

If you read what I was replying to, I was obviously replying to the context of the Canucks going on "their usual stupid winning streak." Two seasons ago, they went on a losing streak to end the year which was worst in the league. Basically in the prior 3 seasons, as soon as the Canucks looked out of playoff contention they made the biggest drop in standings. Obviously the teams that languished in last place basically remained there throughout the season.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
If you read what I was replying to, I was obviously replying to the context of the Canucks going on "their usual stupid winning streak." Two seasons ago, they went on a losing streak to end the year which was worst in the league. Basically in the prior 3 seasons, as soon as the Canucks looked out of playoff contention they made the biggest drop in standings. Obviously the teams that languished in last place basically remained there throughout the season.

Then by definition it is erroneous to call this team the best tank.

If this team was the best tank, we'd have be dead last, we weren't.

ayoshi

Nov 3, 2010
Canucks final standing over the last 4 years:

2016 = 28th
2017 = 29th
2018 = 28th
2019 = 23rd
2020 = ?

Without Petey and God-mode Markstrom, this would have been another pathetic 28th/29th overall season.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Just watched the game, hands up anyone who didn't see that totally coming.

I'm certain that one of the teams below us is going to jump up in the lottery, and push us down into the #10 "slot of crap". When J.J. Daigneault is one of the best players ever drafted in the 10 spot, you see how bad it's been.

I really hope Anaheim or Detroit win the lottery, frankly they deserve it.

rocketchu

Mar 22, 2017
I still remember that California road trip that cost us Matthews
Well, you don't remember it very well! A bit of an urban legend as we actually finished 6 points ahead of the Leafs with 3 more ROW. Is a good story though.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
No close it. Frustrating thread as the useless late wins came that dropped our draft position.

Reactions: Yultron

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
We hate Benning because we have zero confidence he will build the Canucks into a contending team and as long as he's the gm. We think winning the lottery is irrelevant as long he's around calling the shots. Five more years of Benning guarantees five more years of the Canucks being an irrelevance in the NHL. Therefore, the highest priority is getting rid of Benning before anything else can really matter.

If we extend him for 5 yesrs, It’s gonna be longer than 5 years before we can contend again because you will then have to waste time reversing or mitigating the damage he caused.

Look at the horrible ufa contracts he signed alone last year. Schaller will still be on the cap next year. Beagle? 3 more.

If he’s not fired this year, and sign more atrocious contracts, he will have effectively eliminated the Canucks chance to be a contender in a cap world.

Reactions: vanuck

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I've been pissed off all season after the useless wins. Have you not seen me in this tank thread the entire season? (and the seasons before that since I joined HF).

I've come to the conclusion that winning the lottery with small odds would be worse off because it would A: protect Benning's job for the long term and B: have Benning nut huggers who have been constantly been shilling for his moves be vindicated in defending him and treating the lottery win as 'part of the plan' or some other BS.

You're really not as smart as you want to sound. I see you make these sort of comments constantly trying to 'gotcha' everyone who criticises management, but it doesn't work on me.
I am not a Benning supporter and have zero problem with criticizing management. Do it in a way that's consistent and makes sense and you'll never hear from me.

Reactions: PuckFather

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad