Speculation: Tank or no Tank!

breakawaygoal

Dec 29, 2011
breakawaygoal.blogspot.com
I'm probably going to get savaged for this, but I actually think McPhee is a GOOD GM when the team is in need of rebuilding/retooling. He drafts superbly, and he makes good, bargain basement trades and free agent pick ups.
He should be fired when this team is on the verge of contention again -- THAT is when he's useless.

I don't think "superbly" is the adjective I'd use to describe GMGM's drafting prowess...... he's had a lot of good picks but has struggled to find value past the 1st round and has had some notable 1st round busts. On the other hand, his top-5 draft picks have been good, that should come in handy this year...

Halpysback*

If we don't tank this season we'll regret it for years. If we do tank this season we'll be over it by may and then reap the benefits onward.

That said, we are tanking this season even though they did convincingly beat the Winnipeg Thrashers yesterday.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Hi guys. Caps fan here. I come in peace. There's an almost 60% chance that the Caps will make the playoffs if they finish with 51 standings points. At 52 points, it jumps to 80+%. Just food for thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad