Proposal: Tanev - Florida

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
Is it really a waste of time though?

Here's a thread of Vancouver fans mostly calling him "injury prone", "made of glass" or asking to trade him because of how often he is unavailable: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/chris-tanev-is-injured-again.2468673/page-2

You can't truly believe that is not a concern of any prospective trade partners, can you?

Off-topic: I have a BMW for sale. Its been off the road this summer with a broken axle and hasn't passed inspection. Its a great car when it works. I'm asking $50,000 for it. Any takers? It was worth $50,000 two years ago before all the breakdowns started.
Blah blah blah, any Canuck fan knows his value in trade and his value in keeping him if a good trade isn’t out there, it’s no concern to keep him on the team and help with the younger core it’s really not, and as for your BM, keep it, I prefer domestic cars anyways. See how that works, if it’s not something I need then I don’t get it, same goes for trading Tanev, if we don’t need the return being offered, we walk away

Reactions: THE Green Man

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Blah blah blah, any Canuck fan knows his value in trade and his value in keeping him if a good trade isn’t out there, it’s no concern to keep him on the team and help with the younger core it’s really not, and as for your BM, keep it, I prefer domestic cars anyways. See how that works, if it’s not something I need then I don’t get it, same goes for trading Tanev, if we don’t need the return being offered, we walk away
Yeah, what do Vancouver fans know? How stupid of me to use them to gauge Tanev's injury concerns and/or value.

And the problem with you following my BMW analogy is, you took the buyers side. In this case you are the seller and people are making offers on your,......wait.......did you say you prefer "domestic cars"?.....aren't you in Canada?.......what car brand is Canadian?.......aren't all of your cars foreign?

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
Al
Yeah, what do Vancouver fans know? How stupid of me to use them to gauge Tanev's injury concerns and/or value.

And the problem with you following my BMW analogy is, you took the buyers side. In this case you are the seller and people are making offers on your,......wait.......did you say you prefer "domestic cars"?.....aren't you in Canada?.......what car brand is Canadian?.......aren't all of your cars foreign?
l fan bases have people who have different opinions, so congratulations for finding one that supports your point,however, there are more who oppose your point

Reactions: Cogburn

Digable5

Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Al

l fan bases have people who have different opinions, so congratulations for finding one that supports your point,however, there are more who oppose your point
:biglaugh::help: Is this for real? Am I being pranked? I referenced YOUR fan base. The fan base of the PLAYER IN QUESTION. On the very site, HFBOARDS, that we are talking through right now from just 3 MONTHS AGO.

And I'm not even a Florida fan, so I have no agenda.

Look I am ready to leave this discussion, but please just explain to me what a domestic car is in Canada? You can't make that statement and not clarify. Its like if I said, "I don't like dogs, I prefer my pets to be dinosaurs." They no longer exist, so either you haven't had a car since the 1930's (?) or you are driving around something really old. And for that I would applaud you for your very strict "Buy Canada" practices.

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
:biglaugh::help: Is this for real? Am I being pranked? I referenced YOUR fan base. The fan base of the PLAYER IN QUESTION. On the very site, HFBOARDS, that we are talking through right now from just 3 MONTHS AGO.

Look I am ready to leave this discussion, but please just explain to me what a domestic car is in Canada? You can't make that statement and not clarify. Its like if I said, "I don't like dogs, I prefer my pets to be dinosaurs." They no longer exist, so either you haven't had a car since the 1930's (?) or you are driving around something really old. And for that I would applaud you for your very strict "Buy Canada" practices.
Wow, you are amazing

manroth19

May 20, 2015

You go on this stupid rant and you don’t even know the true meaning of domestic cars

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Yes...yes they are.:laugh:

That said, Canadian born James Naismith would like every non-Canadian to stop watching basketball....seeing as he, "a Canadian" invented the sport.

The moral of my useless statement? Ford, General Motors, Chrysler, Toyota and Honda all build cars in Canada.

Reactions: Common Court3sy

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia

I enjoy riding my moose to and from work every morning before I play with my pet beaver within my igloo that I call home.

Digable5

Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
You go on this stupid rant and you don’t even know the true meaning of domestic cars
Then please inform me. I am not trying to put anyone or any country down. It was an honest confusion wrapped into a debate, analogy and frustration from his lack of a response to my inquiry.

In all of my life conversations around "domestic cars" it refers to those cars made by a company from which you live. For example, in America, domestic cars would be Ford, GM, Chevrolet, etc... Although made in the US, Hondas, Toyotas, and Nissans are considered "foreign cars". I drive a Ford and a Honda and get regularly criticized for driving a foreign car. They are referring to the Honda, while there is a possibility that less parts on the Ford are actually from, or put on the car in, the US.

If you consider the cars made in Canada, domestic, then just say that. Where I am from and my experience would consider all cars not "branded" by a Canadian company as a "foreign" car. Hence my surprise of him bashing "foreign cars" when all new cars would be considered "foreign" by the above standards.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

We'd be after your first as a starter. A second and a D that will get lost in our depth. Petrovic doesn't hold value to us, and a mid round second isn't even in the right ball park for Tanev, at least for us.

Mid round second? Its 34th overall.
It's pretty fair value for a guy who can't stay healthy. I'd be shocked if you get a 1st + good prospect for him at the draft.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Mid round second? Its 34th overall.
It's pretty fair value for a guy who can't stay healthy. I'd be shocked if you get a 1st + good prospect for him at the draft.

If we don't get a first and a good prospect or another good piece, then its a bad trade for Vancouver, and Benning shouldn't make it.

That doesn't mean he won't. But Tanev holds that value to us, but two other interested fanbases in your division have outbid 34+Petro. Fans don't speak for their teams, but that goes for us too then

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

mc1laren

Jun 18, 2018
Is it really a waste of time though?

Here's a thread of Vancouver fans mostly calling him "injury prone", "made of glass" or asking to trade him because of how often he is unavailable: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/chris-tanev-is-injured-again.2468673/page-2

You can't truly believe that is not a concern of any prospective trade partners, can you?

Off-topic: I have a BMW for sale. Its been off the road this summer with a broken axle and hasn't passed inspection. Its a great car when it works. I'm asking $50,000 for it. Any takers? It was worth $50,000 two years ago before all the breakdowns started.

Except his injuries aren't as serious as a broken axle. More like flat tire, broken window, leaking oil, and fused headlight. I wouldn't give you $50,000 for it but I'll give you what its worth now and those issues shouldn't bring down the cars value. So $45,000? Deal?

Reactions: Common Court3sy

mc1laren

Jun 18, 2018

just FYI domestic cars are cars that are North American. They aren't referred to as American/Canadian cars. Foreign is only referred to vehicles in slang. The appropriate categories would be Japanese, German/European, Italian, British. No clue where Hyundai and Kia would fit but have never heard anyone refer to them as Korean.

Digable5

Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Except his injuries aren't as serious as a broken axle. More like flat tire, broken window, leaking oil, and fused headlight. I wouldn't give you $50,000 for it but I'll give you what its worth now and those issues shouldn't bring down the cars value. So $45,000? Deal?
A knee injury that makes you lose 40 games sounds like a "broken axle" level to me. I will not fight you on your interpretation of the analogy. :D

Digable5

Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
just FYI domestic cars are cars that are North American. They aren't referred to as American/Canadian cars. Foreign is only referred to vehicles in slang. The appropriate categories would be Japanese, German/European, Italian, British. No clue where Hyundai and Kia would fit but have never heard anyone refer to them as Korean.
For clarification, are you saying that Canadians consider "domestic cars" as anything from a North American company, or are you saying the correct definition of "domestic" is anything from North America? I would say that my experience in the US would only consider US companies as domestic. However, not having a Canadian brand to compare it to, makes it difficult to separate. I would also say that when we are speaking in generalities, we typically call anything outside of the US as foreign and do not get as specific as the country of origin.

Beer might be a good alternative to compare. Again, typically separated between foreign and domestic (US company). However, Labatt is an interesting subject in Buffalo. Buffalo is very proud of its grain silos painted to look like Labatt cans and that it is made in Buffalo. That being said, I still think you would hear most people refer to it as Canadian if not "foreign", but I am guessing and never paid attention. Do Canadians then consider Coors a "domestic" beer because it is from North America, or is it considered foreign because it is from another country?

mc1laren

Jun 18, 2018
A knee injury that makes you lose 40 games sounds like a "broken axle" level to me. I will not fight you on your interpretation of the analogy. :D
If it was a torn ACL, MCL, broken patella than I would agree, however it was not. It was a knee sprain so the flat tire analogy works.

Reactions: Digable5

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
Tanev would be a great fit in Florida but I rather give Vancouver someone like Mackenzie Weegar and a 2019 2nd round pick

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

Where do you think all the parts for those cars are made? Why do you think Trump is trying to add tarrifs to Canadian car manufacturers. Your domestic American cars are more Canadian than American.

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
Wow, all th
Then please inform me. I am not trying to put anyone or any country down. It was an honest confusion wrapped into a debate, analogy and frustration from his lack of a response to my inquiry.

In all of my life conversations around "domestic cars" it refers to those cars made by a company from which you live. For example, in America, domestic cars would be Ford, GM, Chevrolet, etc... Although made in the US, Hondas, Toyotas, and Nissans are considered "foreign cars". I drive a Ford and a Honda and get regularly criticized for driving a foreign car. They are referring to the Honda, while there is a possibility that less parts on the Ford are actually from, or put on the car in, the US.

If you consider the cars made in Canada, domestic, then just say that. Where I am from and my experience would consider all cars not "branded" by a Canadian company as a "foreign" car. Hence my surprise of him bashing "foreign cars" when all new cars would be considered "foreign" by the above standards.
Wow, all this because I said I prefer domestic cars mainly because I didn’t want to do some stupid song and dance with ya anymore, to be honest, I prefer my team of sled dogs

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
Actually, he was shut down for the season as to not injure it more and to give youth more ice team since we were out of playoff contention but please feel free to go onand on with made up nonsense, it seems to be your forte (that’s also a type of Kia, a Korean built car)

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
For clarification, are you saying that Canadians consider "domestic cars" as anything from a North American company, or are you saying the correct definition of "domestic" is anything from North America? I would say that my experience in the US would only consider US companies as domestic. However, not having a Canadian brand to compare it to, makes it difficult to separate. I would also say that when we are speaking in generalities, we typically call anything outside of the US as foreign and do not get as specific as the country of origin.

Beer might be a good alternative to compare. Again, typically separated between foreign and domestic (US company). However, Labatt is an interesting subject in Buffalo. Buffalo is very proud of its grain silos painted to look like Labatt cans and that it is made in Buffalo. That being said, I still think you would hear most people refer to it as Canadian if not "foreign", but I am guessing and never paid attention. Do Canadians then consider Coors a "domestic" beer because it is from North America, or is it considered foreign because it is from another country?
All American beer is Moose piss anyways, who cares

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad