Proposal: Tanev - Florida

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I know these things don’t matter much but FWIW Petrovic is from western Canada (Edmonton) and played for Red Deer. This could factor into a potential long term resigning

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Value aside I don't know if this makes sense for Vancouver 'cause all we're doing is losing a couple years in age. If we're trading Tanev, the main piece coming back should be quite a bit younger.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I know these things don’t matter much but FWIW Petrovic is from western Canada (Edmonton) and played for Red Deer. This could factor into a potential long term resigning

Nothing against Petro, i just think the Canucks are holding out for a higher draft pick if theyte going to give ip their Top Dman.

How about For gudbranson ?

Petro and 2nd. Id do that

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Not really worth it for the Canucks- maybe something could be worked out for 15OV and then Petrovic is moved in a separate deal.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
A first has to be involved. Petrovic is literally useless on the Canucks. They have TOO many dmen right now. Not quality dmen, but its not like Petrovic is a top pairing guy.

Edler
Stetcher
Gudbranson
Hutton
Pouliot
Del Zotto
Juolevi
Biega

This is all without Tanev

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We'd be after your first as a starter. A second and a D that will get lost in our depth. Petrovic doesn't hold value to us, and a mid round second isn't even in the right ball park for Tanev, at least for us.

Reactions: Common Court3sy

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Definitely something I could see Benning accepting in a worst case scenario where the offers for Tanev are really low.

I'd hope for something more enticing, echoing what others have said Petrovic doesn't match the window of the youth movement we have going on.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Tanev is a quality player in his prime with a sweetheart cap hit. What would keep me from offering more than a 2nd + is the fact that he only played in 95 of the last 164 Games.

Not only is he not available for a good chunk of the season, how many of the 95 Games was he even playing at 100%?

As a Sabres fan in need of defensive help, I don’t think I would offer #32 +. I think Vancouver should think long and hard about #34 +. It’s nearly a first and maybe you ask for a player that better fits your needs than Petrovic.

Cquant

May 14, 2015
Tanev is a quality player in his prime with a sweetheart cap hit. What would keep me from offering more than a 2nd + is the fact that he only played in 95 of the last 164 Games.

Not only is he not available for a good chunk of the season, how many of the 95 Games was he even playing at 100%?

As a Sabres fan in need of defensive help, I don’t think I would offer #32 +. I think Vancouver should think long and hard about #34 +. It’s nearly a first and maybe you ask for a player that better fits your needs than Petrovic.

32 is not close to enough. Almost a first rounder doesn't help.
Sabres are a bad target. You have Ristolainen as your top RHD and you have a similarly oft-injured guy in Bogosian. Also you are rebuilding, just like we are, and hold futures at a premium, just like we do.

Although Ekblad would stay the #1 RHD the Panthers and Canucks could be a good fit. They just got Hoffman. Borgstrom is coming into the line-up. Tippett might graduate. Tanev could really solidify those pairings. And Tanev is cheap enough to take a splash in the FA pool. But it feels like you need a bottom pairing LHD as well. Maybe there's interest in Hutton too? But the deal the OP mentioned isn't enough. I'd ask for Hawryluk to be added.
Maybe something based on Heponiemi could be done?

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage

Nope, and as for the last two seasons, Van was not anywhere near competing for a playoff spot so giving more time to rest and allow young players to play is the choice management made, the “Tanev is injured all the time” argument is really a waste of time

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Nope, and as for the last two seasons, Van was not anywhere near competing for a playoff spot so giving more time to rest and allow young players to play is the choice management made, the “Tanev is injured all the time” argument is really a waste of time
Is it really a waste of time though?

Here's a thread of Vancouver fans mostly calling him "injury prone", "made of glass" or asking to trade him because of how often he is unavailable: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/chris-tanev-is-injured-again.2468673/page-2

You can't truly believe that is not a concern of any prospective trade partners, can you?

Off-topic: I have a BMW for sale. Its been off the road this summer with a broken axle and hasn't passed inspection. Its a great car when it works. I'm asking $50,000 for it. Any takers? It was worth $50,000 two years ago before all the breakdowns started.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad