Rumor: Tan1040|Matt Sekeres: Canucks the most active team in the trade market ++

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
Not sure how I feel about the aggressiveness of Van being trigger happy.

Love that there’s activity, but giving up #7 is going to be rough if it happens.

Outside that pick, I’d say the likes of Sutter, Baertschi, Granlund, Hutton, Goldobin, and possibly a goaltender are very available. Tanev to a lesser extent imo.

My thought is that there may quietly be more interest than they thought from decent UFAs agencies with all the cap space they have.

Beautiful place to live. Should be on the upswing within a year or two. Money to be made. Sounds like they could be a UFA destination for both the right short and long term candidates.

SO, if they go out and create more cap space and roster spots by moving some quantity for quality or picks, that makes them even more desirable imo.

Just the idea of moving the 7 pick scares me. I would however do it for Hanifin.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Buffalo offers up Zach Bogosian, a Benning type of player. The Sabres will take back whatever the Canucks are willing to part with.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
View attachment 124699 As a Leafs man...lets see, what Canucks player would i have interest in....

You know the price we've agreed to.

Lucic trade imminent.

Not even Benning will be trading anything for Lucic. The question is what Edmonton will be attaching if to Lucic if he comes our way.

Three pieces:

1. A Podium with a microphone
2. A Name to speak
3. A GM to speak said name

Solid contender for best trade process to come out of here.

Buffalo offers up Zach Bogosian, a Benning type of player. The Sabres will take back whatever the Canucks are willing to part with.

We're either sending you back another bad contract, or we'd need a small plus to take him on. He would be great as a Tanev replacement if we move him, but we don't need him. We have internal RHD, and that is a hefty contract, on a nice short term mind you, for a player that isn't a need.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Matt Sekeres making a last fake rumor spam before the draft. He has no bases, he has no sources, at this point all gms are talking so what he said is "business as usual" type of b.s.

Rick Dhaliwal is the only legit source out there.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Benning is the ultimate idiot. What a horrendous GM.

At least give him the benefit of waiting to see what trades are made, if any, before passing judgement.

Then again, if it were to be perceived as a good one the HF Canucks brigade would probably refuse to give credit and praise another member of management instead. Either that or run with the tried and tested "lmao. Lost a trade to dim Jim." So witty.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Lmao. Ppl falling for clickbait Sekeres.

on hfboards, the members here try to use whatever headling to make fun of Benning or the team. Benning had a decent Q and A about the draft which Sekeres missed out on, in a quick summary Benning said he is talking to gms ahead of him and teams drafting after him, GM's are actively doing that, Sekeres launches a heading Benning is trigger happy. haha

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Why in the hell would the Canucks trade the 7ov pick? It would be monumentally stupid, unless they get a high quality u24 player in return.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

ThomasG

Hockey is simulated in a computer program
Jul 22, 2017
Vancouver
Just because I'm bored. I'm not a Vancouver fan.

Trade with Buffalo, Carolina, Chicago, Edmonton. Move out Eriksson, Sutter, Tanev, Hutton, Nilsson and bring in Lucic, Seabrook, Hanifin, Lehner, and a few picks / prospects.

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser
Lucic - Pettersson - Virtanen
(Goldobin/UFA) - Gagner - Boucher
Granlund - Gaunce - Leipsic

Hanifin - Stecher
Edler - Seabrook
Del Zotto - Gudbranson

Lehner
Markstrom

You don't want Petterson having to carry Lucic around trust me I saw McDavid try to do it for 40ish games this season.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Just because I'm bored. I'm not a Vancouver fan.

Trade with Buffalo, Carolina, Chicago, Edmonton. Move out Eriksson, Sutter, Tanev, Hutton, Nilsson and bring in Lucic, Seabrook, Hanifin, Lehner, and a few picks / prospects.

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser
Lucic - Pettersson - Virtanen
(Goldobin/UFA) - Gagner - Boucher
Granlund - Gaunce - Leipsic

Hanifin - Stecher
Edler - Seabrook
Del Zotto - Gudbranson

Lehner
Markstrom

That's a lottery lineup if I've ever seen one.

member 290103

Curious from Nucks fans, what kind of deal would Montreal be able to offer to acquire the 7th overall without moving 3rd overall? Keep in mind we can take back some cap.

Do you mean, take back some "crap?" We have lots of crap. So do you though, so don't see these two teams as good trading partners.

member 290103

According to A VANCOUVER guy. But other cities guys will say similar things

If you have a former top 10 first round pick that has shit the bed and is all but confirmed a bust, give Dim a call, he's interested.

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006
At least give him the benefit of waiting to see what trades are made, if any, before passing judgement.

Then again, if it were to be perceived as a good one the HF Canucks brigade would probably refuse to give credit and praise another member of management instead. Either that or run with the tried and tested "lmao. Lost a trade to dim Jim." So witty.

Benning doesn't derseve the benefit of anything. His 4 years here have been enough. The guy is a complete idiot who can barely string together a coherent sentence.

member 290103

Why in the hell would the Canucks trade the 7ov pick? It would be monumentally stupid, unless they get a high quality u24 player in return.

In Benning's eyes, they can move the 7th OA pick for a player they can slot in the line up right now and help them compete for a playoff spot, rather than wait a few years for the 7 OA player to move up into the NHL.

Benning has always been more interested in the players with a few years under their belts rather than draft picks or prospects.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Radio station in Vancouver reports local team has been "the most active team" on the trade market. Color me surprised.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->