Tampa with 33 shots in one period

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
We told you people that Q isn't fit to coach in the modern NHL, but we're always told how great he is and how he's a HOFer.

We have no real system in place and our lack of depth isn't going to save that asshole this season.

Crossing my fingers that he gets the boot tonight.

Reactions: jls24

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
We told you people that Q isn't fit to coach in the modern NHL, but we're always told how great he is and how he's a HOFer.

We have no real system in place and our lack of depth isn't going to save that ******* this season.

You don't think Q is HoF material? 884-526-134 over his coaching career with 3 Stanley Cups.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
You don't think Q is HoF material? 884-526-134 over his coaching career with 3 Stanley Cups.
I think he's a HOFer. I also think his time has come and gone. His systems aren't designed for a league that demands pace and speed. Not to mention he's been on the Hawks for a considerable amount longer than any other current coach has been with the same team (Q's been here a whopping decade).

The game has passed him by, but because of his extensive history, people just assume that he's still worth a damn despite Hawks fans saying otherwise time and time again.

Reactions: The Pale King

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013

We have no real system in place and our lack of depth isn't going to save that ******* this season.

What about the mediocre roster?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
What about the mediocre roster?
Well we can't fire 20 plus players in one season can we?

We can, however, fire the coach who's struggled producing successful special teams for a couple years now, who has been with his NHL team longer than any other coach in the entire league. If I'm not mistaken, Cooper is 2nd on that list with only have the years that Q's had (Q has had a decade with Chicago, Cooper has had 5 years with Tampa).

So even if you don't believe in the fact that Q's systems don't work in today's NHL, you cannot deny the fact that the Hawks have been long overdue for a different voice.

Problem is that there aren't many options for a replacement right now. Hawks president decided to pretend he was the GM and guarantee that Q would be the coach to start the season, instead of letting Bowman fire him months ago when their was a larger group to choose from. Either way though, clocks ticking on Q.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
The teams had almost the same record (4-1-1 and 4-1-2) prior to the game. Maybe the Lightning were playing to make a statement?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->