Proposal: Tampa - Montreal

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Flynn is a solid player, he'd contribute to your roster for sure but he's not Boyle, I agree. I understand that Tampa is all in this year but with a limited budget, you may have to make some tough decisions.

The only way this deal makes sense though is if we're a million dollars or less short of where we need to be AND we've already moved Condra as he would be our preferred option for clearing a small amount of additional space. Any more and we're probably looking at moving Garrison instead. So the odds that this trade would solve our problems is incredibly low.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I'd want McCarron for Boyle. Boyle seems like what McCarron hopes to turn into.

So why exactly would Habs do this deal for 1 year of Boyle? When we already have a younger/cheaper version of him probably

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
So why exactly would Habs do this deal for 1 year of Boyle? When we already have a younger/cheaper version of him probably

Because Boyle is better than him now. We don't need to move Boyle so if you want him you have to pay to acquire him.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
In a trade there is two parameters: Value & Need

Both parameters are not necessarily equal and do not equate the same from the point of view of each trade partner.

So sometimes even if the value seems disproportionate, the need - hopefully - will balance things out.

Needs can outweigh Value, and vice-versa.

I beg this post gets its own thread and that thread gets stickied. Literally.

I'll take that as a compliment :handclap:

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
To TB fans:

Which do you think will be protected, comes expansion draft : Palat or Killorn??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad