Tampa, man up. You have a greater responsibility than you can possibly imagine

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
Come on Tampa, this isn't over yet, it can't be. You owe it to the rest of the league, hell, the rest of the world to figure this out and get the job done. The Washington Capitals (threw up in my mouth a little bit) winning the Cup will devalue the thing beyond repair and taint all those great names of the past that have won the thing. Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr........Vinny Lecavalier anyone?

People Like Ted Leonsis, TJ Oshie and Tom Wilson don't deserve to have their name on it. Not to mention can you imagine being Evgeny Kuznetsov and having to explain that ridiculous celebration to your grandkids?

Leonsis is a mercenary giving out stupid contracts in an effort to win, nobody would even know who TJ Oshie is if it wasn't for the Socchi Olympics and hating Tom Wilson should be self explanatory. I did leave Ovechkin off the list as I do hope he wins a Cup one day, just with a different team.

I'm not really asking a lot here Tampa, of the final 4 teams you were easily the best, I would go so far as to say of the final 8 teams you were the best. It's time to show up and get the job done. I don't care what happened in the first two games and I don't care that they were at home. You have the pieces to turn this around, you have the better coach and you do have the better goalie.

Tampa, get it together. You may not be the hero we deserve, but you are the here we need!

Go Bolts!

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
This is a prime example of trying to make a story out of nothing. It's our responsobility to win? Do we betray the rest of the hockey world by losing? Can we ever show our faces again? Lol.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
This is a prime example of trying to make a story out of nothing. It's our responsobility to win? Do we betray the rest of the hockey world by losing? Can we ever show our faces again? Lol.
Sigh......

It's mostly in jest trying to lighten up the board. I am rooting for you to win and no, you have no responsibility to the rest of us.

Just one old man's idea of fun this morning. Should the Caps win it all I will survive.

Still, go Bolts.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Well I blame you guys...aren't you guys the one who showed us if you have the best roster (having superstars on your team) you can win the cup easily for the past several years? Well, it does seem to take more than that, at least to us.
Plus, even Tronto took B's to game 7 dude...and you guys didn't! Why didn't you guys beat them to meet us here? Not saying you guys are the easier opponent for us but how dare you gave us the team who plays a trap game in this day and age???
It's your fault and responsibility, man:teach2:

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Sigh......

It's mostly in jest trying to lighten up the board. I am rooting for you to win and no, you have no responsibility to the rest of us.

Just one old man's idea of fun this morning. Should the Caps win it all I will survive.

Still, go Bolts.
Fun is illegal here.

Reactions: Stamper

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Let's repeat history (2003 comeback from 0-2):

wib8ch8.png

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
Bolts have played the last 2 games the way they played much of Jan-March (disinterested, lazy and sloppy with poor goaltending). Maybe their play against NJ and Boston was the outlier??? I hope not.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
shhhhhhhhhhh
I'm definitely in the camp that doesn't celebrate too early. I know it takes four wins and the fourth is always the toughest, but I also believe in enjoying the lead when you have it.

Wins like this just don't come around often enough so no harm in enjoying the 48 hours till the next one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad