Dreger: Tampa, Islanders and Flyers lead Justin Williams talks

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Tampa isn't attractive? That roster is crazy. Give them a full year without injuries and I see them and the Pens as the top two teams in the East. Also, they might add Shattenkirk.

Not really. Our defense is good but our offense is 7 actual hockey players.

(Kucherov, Stamkos, Johnson, Palat, Point, Namestnikov, Killorn)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Any input from WSH fans? How'd he look last year? Numbers look good for a guy his age. Did he benefit from good circumstances, or is he still a solid hockey player?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Any input from WSH fans? How'd he look last year? Numbers look good for a guy his age. Did he benefit from good circumstances, or is he still a solid hockey player?

Im not a Caps fan but saw enough to say that Williams definitely contributed to the line he played on. He's good at making those little plays around the net, good scoring instincts and plays a reliable all-around game.

To me hasn't shown big signs of slowing down so far.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Maybe we trade Eberle for a top-4 defenseman?

Would Travis Hamonic from Calgary be available after the Stone resigning?

I guess we could trade Bailey? Or Chimera? Or Clutterbuck? I don't know.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

He played with kuznetsov and johansson on the caps and put up good numbers but he started really slow but came on towards end of year

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I could see Williams working out great with Tavares. He's got that knack of meshing well with skilled players. I mean he played with Kuzy and Mojo in Washington.

Bailey - JT - Williams
Lee - Nelson - Eberle
Ladd - Beauvillier - Ho-Sang
Chimera - Cizikas - Clutterbuck (the C line!)
Kulemin/Quine

Geez that would be one of the deepest forward groups.

Those line combinations are wrong on oh so many levels
But we'll save that talk for another day

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Tampa with Williams, Vanek and Marleau (also assuming we trade Killorn for a pick):

Marleau-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Vanek
Namestnikov-Point-Williams
Gourde-Dumont-Callahan

hells yeah

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
if im Williams I go to TB of the three teams listed.

It's his best chance to win out of the three. No doubt...

Flyers are going to sign another stop-gap guy in net and the Isles are just to far away. If he wants to win again, his best shot out of those three is Tampa... And there's an extra 6-10% cash in it with no state sales tax...

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't know how he fits with the Flyers cap situation. If the Elliott rumor is accurate, they already have a full roster and only about $2.5m in cap space.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
The scariest part is that Weight played with Ladd and Williams on the cup team in 06.
Weight is the reason Ladd came here.
While we're at it lets bring Vrbata and Eric Staal over too. I would want Staal.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

He's still great. Terrific even strength numbers and very capable of filling a top 6 role. Most Washington fans are upset that we'll be losing him, but the salary cap sucks. I'm honestly shocked there's any fans in this thread who don't want Williams on their team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad