Tampa Bay vs Pittsburgh: 7 Game Series

Tampa Bay or Pittsburgh?

• Total voters

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Pittsburgh is 11-15-3 on the road this season, and Tampa would most certainly have home-ice advantage.

They have the offence to match the Pens, and the defensive horses to slow them down.

Tampa in 5.

Back-to-Back champs is very impressive but let's not act like they are the Golden State Warriors of the NHL

Lot of those road loses came early in the season where the penguins were losing to everyone.. but since the new year, they have been a top 3 team in the league, along with Boston, i don't know where to look up all the stats since jan 1. But the last 3 years, the penguins have started slow but since new year they have been top 3 team every year in the Sullivan era. Don't know what it is, but It takes them few months for them to get into rhythm.

Now ALL that being said, i still believe Lightning would beat them in 7 games because home ice does matter, both teams are too good and i do think Lightning has slightly better depth. Although Ol' man Jimmy has his eyes set on Brassard so we'll see. if the pens get him, then all bets are off.

Reactions: KIRK and DrJustice

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Using Pittsburgh's stats from the first half is pointless as they were clearly sluggish with a cup hangover. They're one of the best teams in 2018 though and have won 8 consecutive playoff series. Hard to bet against them in the playoffs until they actually lose.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Despite how good the Pens have been in 2018, they are still 4-4-0 on the road since the start of the year. Prettt average still. Not as bad as their overall record would indicate but it’s pretty clear it’s their home cooking which has helped propel them to success. Nothing wrong with that, but against the Lightning it’s gonna take better than average to win on the road.

Last edited:

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I hate Pitts, and like TBL for the most part

Tampa definitely the better team right now

But I’d bet on the Pens. Hard to bet against the proven team and Crosby/Malkin in the playoffs

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
yes he's better. Murray has a .906 sv% on the year

but yes it would come down to special teams

1. Murray has been the Murray of the last two years since January 1 and especially since returning to the team after his father's passing.

2. I'll hold my vote until after the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->