Tampa Bay vs. Original Six Teams

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
With Chicago's Game 7 win, Tampa Bay's journey to the cup final will go through four original six teams: Detroit, Montreal, New York, and Chicago. Is this the first time that's happened? In any case, it's definitely a cool coincidence.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Well, we were the first to win against three, so I guess we'd have to be the first to play four.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Well, we were the first to win against three, so I guess we'd have to be the first to play four.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I remember there was a situation last year where, if everything went a certain way, Boston (an original six team themselves) could have met all original six teams right through to the finals, but that possibility ended when they lost to MTL in round 2.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Boston played the other O6 teams over two playoffs: Toronto, New York, and Chicago in 2013; Detroit and Montreal in 2014.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
LMAO. Compare the NBCSN Post-Game coverage of this game to that of the ECF Post-Game Coverage...

So hilarious how poorly the Bolts are treated by NBCSN.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008

Not true.

TB is the fourth team in NHL history to beat 3 O6 teams in the playoffs. They are the first team to do it on the way to the SCF.

If they beat Chicago, they will be the first team to ever beat 4 O6 teams in the playoffs.

Also if you wanna get fun, they "took out" Boston in the last game of the season as well.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Not true.

TB is the fourth team in NHL history to beat 3 O6 teams in the playoffs. They are the first team to do it on the way to the SCF.

If they beat Chicago, they will be the first team to ever beat 4 O6 teams in the playoffs.

Also if you wanna get fun, they "took out" Boston in the last game of the season as well.

Thanks for pointing that out. I always wanna get fun :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad