Status
Not open for further replies.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Hahaha Glendening in the top 6. This just gets better and better

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Glendening aside, those lines suck. At least we'll probably leave Sproul in the press box again. Wouldn't want to sit Smith or Marchenko by accident.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Let me be very clear, I do not support Glendening playing on the second line but I do have a couple of thoughts:

1) What have any of the names below him done over the last 10 games to justify top 6 minutes? Nyquist has 3 assists in his last 10 games, Sheahan's struggles have been discussed extensively and Helm has disappeared. Mantha should probably get a chance, but his 3 points in 11 NHL games isn't exactly inspiring. The rest of the bottom 6 aren't even worth mentioning. Many have asked for a merit based ice time structure; this is the result when your scorers aren't scoring.

2) Glendening has experienced decent success playing against TJ and Kucherov. Given Blashill's modus operandi I would imagine line 2 will be used in a shutdown role.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
We are struggling to score goals... so you move Nyquist down to line 3, and Glendening up to line 2?

I'm officially done with Jeff Blashill.

Also I hate the whole idea of a "shutdown line", as in you should be aiming for a line who's best possible outcome is to come out even. Flawed way of thinking, IMO.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
We are struggling to score goals... so you move Nyquist down to line 3, and Glendening up to line 2?

I'm officially done with Jeff Blashill.

Also I hate the whole idea of a "shutdown line", as in you should be aiming for a line who's best possible outcome is to come out even. Flawed way of thinking, IMO.

Shutdown lines work. You just can't have ****ing two of them with the way Blash does it. That's two zero offense 5 on 5 lines considering you have a fourth line as well. Our shutdown line should be the fourth line and fourth line only.

Glenny does not belong in the top six whatsoever. Never. Honestly the only offense will come from the third line which will probably barely play.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Seems like Blashill's trying to re-create the Nyquist-Helm-Vanek line using Mantha instead.
All the other lines suck.

Mantha's style has changed so much in Detroit. He's a playmaker. I know his passing is awesome but I wish they told him to shoot the puck more, especially on the PP.

With Vanek back shortly, hopefully Bert goes instead of Mantha.

Z-Nielsen-Tatar
Vanek-Helm-Nyquist
Abby-Larkin-Mantha
Miller-GLendening-Sheahan

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Nyquist-Helm-Mantha is what should have happened the 1st game after Vanek got injured.

Would people be less upset if the Larkin-Nielsen-Glendening line was penciled in as the 3rd line instead? Doubt it will get much more minutes than the "1st" and "3rd" lines.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Nyquist-Helm-Mantha is what should have happened the 1st game after Vanek got injured.

Would people be less upset if the Larkin-Nielsen-Glendening line was penciled in as the 3rd line instead? Doubt it will get much more minutes than the "1st" and "3rd" lines.

There was no room for him. When Vanek went down, Nyquist was already on a different line. Glenny should never be on a line other than the fourth.

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
There was no room for him. When Vanek went down, Nyquist was already on a different line. Glenny should never be on a line other than the fourth.

It's not exactly Glenny's fault guys like Sheahan are so awful there is no-one else to put in top-6/top-9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad