GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning VS Pittsburgh Penguins|24.FEB.13|CEC|7:30EST/4:30PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
You guys don't get invested in the scoring races? I'll take a win over a big performance by our stars any time, don't get me wrong, but the scoring races are important to me too. I spent much of last year agonizing over Stamkos possibly catching Geno.

I'm surprised others aren't the same.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
You guys don't get invested in the scoring races? I'll take a win over a big performance by our stars any time, don't get me wrong, but the scoring races are important to me too. I spent much of last year agonizing over Stamkos possibly catching Geno.

I'm surprised others aren't the same.

I mean, I'd like him to win it. But it will never even cross my mind that Sid doesn't get an empty net point when we are in the processing of winning a game :laugh: some people seem like it legitimately bothers them that the team doesn't spend that time trying to feed sid the puck

Malkin4Top6Wingerz

Can you like, shutup
Mar 14, 2009
that's extremely misleading because it only goes by wins or losses, not actual blown leads.

the pens blew a 3 goal lead to night but still might win. that doesn't magically make the blown lead not exist.

When you blow leads you tend to lose games with some regularity, like we've seen recently against the Flyers. You don't win games at the rate the Penguins have when leading if you give up leads as often as people pretend we do. It doesn't work that way, sorry.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz

Can you like, shutup
Mar 14, 2009
I mean, I'd like him to win it. But it will never even cross my mind that Sid doesn't get an empty net point when we are in the processing of winning a game :laugh: some people seem like it legitimately bothers them that the team doesn't spend that time trying to feed sid the puck

I can see it being a little frustrating at the very end of the year when you know that point might determine who wins the Art Ross, but we're not even halfway into the damn season. Chill out people.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

I just think he should be out there in empty net situations since he's just as responsible as anyone else we have :)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He looms terrible this year man. Other years his slow starts have been a case of being snake bitten, but this season, he just looks bad.

He always looks bad playing for Bylsma EXCEPT when he's got a winger to lead the dirty work.

Even last year, he and Neal looked meh with Sullivan on the LW.

It's not exactly rocket science.

I mean, why do you think Neal looked so much better tonight? Because Kunitz led the dirty work and Sid was the playmaker, freeing up Neal to play to his strengths instead of away from them.

If the LW on that line hadn't been someone to lead the dirty work, then Neal wouldn't have looked as good (probably not Sid either), because they'd have had to do a lot more in that area, thereby playing away from instead of towards their respective strengths.

I wrote this earlier. Geno doesn't NEED Neal. Neal is an asset because he finishes. But, he absolutely NEEDS someone to take the lead with the dirty work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad