Prospect Info: Tampa Bay Lightning prospect rankings 2017- #7

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Koekkoek, then Joseph

I would take Koekkoek and maybe even Joseph (also raddysh and dotchin) over Howden

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
LOL just lol at Koekkoek if he wins this. What a joke.

Why is it a joke?

At this point, the remaining prospects are similar in terms of ceiling/probability of making the league. Erne is probably a third line LW, but with second line upside. Koekkoek is probably a third pairing D, but with top-4 upside. We don't know where we are with the rest of these prospects.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
LOL just lol at Koekkoek if he wins this. What a joke.

In my personal rankings I have Koekkoek in the top 5. Of all our prospects we know the most about him so he's the easiest to project. We've seen him at his best and at his worst. I don't think his worst was that bad that he can't be at least a 3rd pair defender. Erne had 3 goals in 26 games, that didn't impress me too much and I have questions about his offensive potential in the NHL. I went Joseph again anyway.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Why is it a joke?

At this point, the remaining prospects are similar in terms of ceiling/probability of making the league. Erne is probably a third line LW, but with second line upside. Koekkoek is probably a third pairing D, but with top-4 upside. We don't know where we are with the rest of these prospects.

Seriously, a good argument could be made for several guys on that list. It is a quality problem to have.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Still on Joseph (though I accidentally voted Erne last time). I like the high floor.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'm going with Erne but it's really close with guys like Koekkoek, Joseph, Stephens and my favorite prospect Hajek.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Why is it a joke?

I was hoping to see Erne at 3LW this year but it is not looking good for him again because they brought in Kunitz and then signed Dumont, Conacher, and Gourde to one way deals so Erne looks like the odd man out because is the only one who won’t have to clear waivers.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I was hoping to see Erne at 3LW this year but it is not looking good for him again because they brought in Kunitz and then signed Dumont, Conacher, and Gourde to one way deals so Erne looks like the odd man out because is the only one who won’t have to clear waivers.

There is literally zero concern of Dumont or Conacher being claimed on waivers. Erne will have a spot.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Looks like Erne's going to get it. A wrong has been righted, a great redemption story to tell your grandkids about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->