Prospect Info: Tampa Bay Lightning prospect rankings 2017- #4

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
This one is significantly tougher. More NHL ready in Erne, Koekkoek, Dotchin...or the high upside choice in Raddysh.

Still voting for Cernak but Erne probably deserves this ranking for ceiling and NHL readiness combination.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Since this is my first time participating in the Prospect Rankings, just to clarify, is this based on who we think is closest to NHL playing at this moment or who has the highest potential ceiling or a combo of both or....?? And was there a reason that Walker (2017 Draft) isn't on there?

:confused:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
This one is significantly tougher. More NHL ready in Erne, Koekkoek, Dotchin...or the high upside choice in Raddysh.

Still voting for Cernak but Erne probably deserves this ranking for ceiling and NHL readiness combination.

This is prospect voting though. Shouldn't we vote on who we think WILL be the best rather than who's better right now?

Edit: Lol didn't read Tesla's post before posting myself. Well at least I'm not the only one wondering. :laugh:

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
This is prospect voting though. Shouldn't we vote on who we think WILL be the best rather than who's better right now?

Edit: Lol didn't read Tesla's post before posting myself. Well at least I'm not the only one wondering. :laugh:

IDK, I've been voting for my favorite prospect regardless.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
The criteria for voting is something we never discuss beforehand and we really should. Should we be voting based on how the prospects stack up RIGHT NOW? Or should we judge them based on ceiling/likelihood to reach that ceiling? I think the 2nd one.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
The criteria for voting is something we never discuss beforehand and we really should. Should we be voting based on how the prospects stack up RIGHT NOW? Or should we judge them based on ceiling/likelihood to reach that ceiling? I think the 2nd one.

im voting for where I think they end up based on the little I know on each

some have seen more of raddysh cernak joseph cirelli seen a ton more then howden etc...

I love joshep really see him being impact player 30 goal scorer in pros at one point

after he is gone though it gets tough for me cause they all is a bunch i have all tied pretty much

partly lack of seeing them though in worlds memorial cup like howden why im not yelling and screaming on people picking him last round I just dont have enough data to feel he winds up better they raddysh or joseph at this point:)

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Since this is my first time participating in the Prospect Rankings, just to clarify, is this based on who we think is closest to NHL playing at this moment or who has the highest potential ceiling or a combo of both or....?? And was there a reason that Walker (2017 Draft) isn't on there?

:confused:

Its a combination of both, really. Players close to the NHL have the added benefit of making their floors a little more clear, but you have to take potential into mind.

There really is no right or wrong way to vote, this is just for kicks anyway

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think I like Mathieu Joseph here. I just think there's a higher chance his game will translate easier to the NHL than some others because it's a sort of north-south speed-based game. It wouldn't surprise me to see him in the lineup this year if a winger or two go down. Nor would it surprise me to see him outperform guys like Conacher and Gourde at the NHL level.

He just sort of flies up the wing and makes things happen. And he's a good all-around Cooper-type player.

Probably will end up posting Killorn-type numbers with a higher ceiling, but a high likelihood of being an effective NHLer.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Dotchin, Raddysh and Cirelli are better than Howden.

No, no they're not. Raddysh is the only one of the 3 that can challenge him. But Howden carried his team as the 1C and top player, Raddysh had a dominant supporting cast. Let's see how he does when he has to be the man like Howden was last year. Howden has 2C written all over him which is better than a 4D like Dotchin, 3C like Cirelli or a 2W like Raddysh.

Went Joseph here as he has a high ceiling and is a safer bet to get closer to it but even if he doesn't his floor is extremely high too.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
No, no they're not. Raddysh is the only one of the 3 that can challenge him. But Howden carried his team as the 1C and top player, Raddysh had a dominant supporting cast. Let's see how he does when he has to be the man like Howden was last year. Howden has 2C written all over him which is NOT better than a 2D like Dotchin, 2C like Cirelli or a 1W like Raddysh.

Went Joseph here as he has a high ceiling and is a safer bet to get closer to it but even if he doesn't his floor is extremely high too.

fixed

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Its a combination of both, really. Players close to the NHL have the added benefit of making their floors a little more clear, but you have to take potential into mind.

There really is no right or wrong way to vote, this is just for kicks anyway

Ah! Thanks!

I just voted for Cirelli. If he puts some meat on his bones, he's going to be excellent. Though I also loved Howden. And Cernak and.... lol

I feel bad that I only know these guys from a small sample size at the moment. Looking forward to following them more closely next season!

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Did you ever even hear of Jake Dotchin prior to being called up last year? Tell me what players go from 22 year old bottom pair AHL defenders to top pair NHL potential at 23?

Jake Dotchin. ;)

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Because Sustr was too good on his own. Why do you think Hedman finally became a Norris finalist when he was moved away from Sustr? Sustr was outplaying him and taking his votes.

You sir are on another level.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Because Sustr was too good on his own. Why do you think Hedman finally became a Norris finalist when he was moved away from Sustr? Sustr was outplaying him and taking his votes.

You are beyond repair.

Check how many Norris votes Sustr had. And how good the Sustr-Hedman pair was. Then get back to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->