9) Mathieu Joseph - 36%
10) Erik Cernak - 35%
11) Mitchell Stephens - 39%
12) Libor Hajek - 67%
13) Alexei Lipanov - 52%

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Spencer or Katchouk

Katchouk or Masin, went Katchouk again. I put Thomas in front of Spencer, Spencer has fallen hard for me. Lots of question marks about him, could be a Blujus who was a 2nd round pick who was expected to be a good two way defender but his offense stagnated in junior. He found it a bit in the A and became a really good AHL defender.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Katchouk or Masin, went Katchouk again. I put Thomas in front of Spencer, Spencer has fallen hard for me. Lots of question marks about him, could be a Blujus who was a 2nd round pick who was expected to be a good two way defender but his offense stagnated in junior. He found it a bit in the A and became a really good AHL defender.

Spencer has soured on quite a few people, but I'm not sure why except he's not putting up gaudy numbers in his D+2 year. I think Blujus and Thomas are actually good comparisons. All three are system picks who's strengths are magnified here. Spencer's offensive game are where all of the question marks are and those can be hidden in the same way Dotchin's are hidden. What's important to me is his size/speed combination, heavy shot, and he has perhaps the best first pass in our junior ranks.

That put's him above Masin in my book, who has a damn near identical tool kit but plays on the left, so naturally his lack of an offensive game is magnified despite his forte being his shutdown ability. Katchouk would be a good choice in this spot as well though.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Spencer has soured on quite a few people, but I'm not sure why except he's not putting up gaudy numbers in his D+2 year. I think Blujus and Thomas are actually good comparisons. All three are system picks who's strengths are magnified here. Spencer's offensive game are where all of the question marks are and those can be hidden in the same way Dotchin's are hidden. What's important to me is his size/speed combination, heavy shot, and he has perhaps the best first pass in our junior ranks.

That put's him above Masin in my book, who has a damn near identical tool kit but plays on the left, so naturally his lack of an offensive game is magnified despite his forte being his shutdown ability. Katchouk would be a good choice in this spot as well though.

I know Masin is a year older but they played two years together in Peterborough and Masin was the superior player. Don't think neither has a ton of offensive potential in the NHL if they make it, Sustr has put up 20 points so they could too. I see both being strong defensively, Masin a bit better and nastier, 3rd pair guys who are on the top PK. Masin seems like it would be harder to stick since he's a lefty but Spencer will have a hard time too with the addition of Cernak, Foote and emergence of Thomas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->