Prospect Info: Tampa Bay Lightning prospect rankings 2017- #14 TIE BREAKER

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Yan looks more like a career AHLer to me.

wow that is harsh. I actually think at this point yan is the biggest overlooked sleeper of all. His skill set size goal scoring ability should have him before our top ten wayyyy over other guys we like imho.

This kid is killorn with goal scoring plays good two way style has decent size ... if has on stick he holds the puck from other teams and he finishes. I think this guy is cant miss nhl player. Will he be great though and make everyone rue the day they let slide to third round is the only question. He was start of second round talent to me.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Yan looks more like a career AHLer to me.

harsh

i think on our list this guy is a cant miss and should be top 10 closer to 5 then 10 rated of our prospects

is like killorn but a finisher nice forecheck working on his d game and its coming along has good size will always mix it up in tough areas to score has great finish but also nifty passing to set up team mates in close

this guy is gonna have a good nhl career ... hes exceled everywhere hlinka unders us squads etc.. quick smart can do high end plays or keep up with triplets probably not super fast but good first step etc..

good 200 foot game that is working very hard at so why maybe isnt scoring 100 points and getting 46 goals and 75 points cause he can set up others but was more reliable on both sides this last year

decent size had him start of second round myself and hes improving in areas you want improvement and doing his thing in the others this guy is not ahl guy for long

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Are you talking Yan or Katchouk? Yan is nothing like Killorn. He's more like a bigger Marchessault, very good in the offensive zone with a deadly shot but lazy and uninterested in the defensive zone. With being bigger he uses his size more than Marchessault but isn't a heavy forechecker in the least and he doesn't use his size to drive the net, still more of a perimeter player.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Are you talking Yan or Katchouk? Yan is nothing like Killorn. He's more like a bigger Marchessault, very good in the offensive zone with a deadly shot but lazy and uninterested in the defensive zone. With being bigger he uses his size more than Marchessault but isn't a heavy forechecker in the least and he doesn't use his size to drive the net, still more of a perimeter player.

since you liked him so much i watched some tape on him. He was bad the year before defensively and didnt mix up a lot. Last year he played defense especially vs coore du vaile or whatever team not sure of name in q but was 7 game series i focused on yan...

he was forechecking and did well to me.

I think he works a bit with barb on his footwork and he works with syracuse this year on his 200 foot game. I do not see him as marchassault at all hes willing and he has size. I like this kids upside a lot.

Katchout is more of a bruiser hitting like a callahan but not doing a ton more with those hits. I like guys that hit but a hit is for a reason this kid does ok on boards.

I have him high on my list will love to watch this year in syracuse see the growth.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
my list would be foote sergachev erne koekkoek howden cernak joseph yan stephens masin raddysh even though like cirelli a bit more right now he needs to keep working harder then others cause of his lack of history !! volkov got to trust the system here lipanov hajek peca dothchin spencer .... my list is where see their entire careers ... we do not have a lot of top line forward talent right now. We do have a lot of tweeners though defensively we are stacked. We need to add a couple names tot he forward group though the points of the world etc.. maybe we got them time will tell... yet i like a few of our goal scorers a lot more then otherwise. The raddysh factor is flat out his skating this can be fixed probably or would have a lot higher. Cirelli only knock is his lack of years playing hes a gamer. I do not like hajek from what have seen why he is so low and get a lot of you are very high on him. In order for Dotchin to get 5 years in league he will have to majorly improve. Others are coming to take his place and he is not all that. We got probably best d man on planet helping him tillt he others arrive lol.... really do not have enoug on the russians to say a lot is more of a hope at this point:)

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Maybe I'm missing something, but is yanni gourde not still considered a prospect? He has played like 25 career nhl games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad