3. Nikita Kucherov (63.27%)
4. Slater Koekkoek (66.67%)
5. Anthony DeAngelo (43.48%)

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
this one is difficult think sustr is going to be a good two but not a great one IE 40 point per year guy. Vladdy to me is a legit number 2 center with 60 points or more in him. Erne is special and not sure if he can be a 60 point guy but think on forwards he will be closest to that on regular basis of whats left so far and will be a true power guy.

So went vladdy with almost coin flip to erne. Nothing against sustr he is gonna be a very good 2 just dont see him being a one to move ahead of those others. Connolly would fall right below these three but in all is close to coin flip and have a feeling on erne being really special since is a tool set no one else really possesses on our team or in development.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I went with Connolly. This year I think he will be given top line minutes to prove he belongs, and will make the most of it.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I went with Connolly. This year I think he will be given top line minutes to prove he belongs, and will make the most of it.

With Stamkos, Palat, Filppula and Callahan pretty much being locks and Johnson, Drouin, Kucherov and Killorn pushing hard that's some tough competition to beat out for a spot though. I'm not saying he won't make it but still.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Went with Namestnikov. Kid is a stud...if it wasn't for injury it would have been him instead of Kucherov being brought up due to Stammer ' s injury and we'd all be talking about him. Saw all the Crunch games this year and he is legit number two center. Needs a few pounds of muscle and he'll be a staple second line Center for the Bolts. In my projection I have him as 3C this year and Drouin playing with Stammer and Johnson on first line. Hope kid gets his due. Serious talent here.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Once again I can't vote for Connolly because he's not a prospect to me. Went with Erne think he can be a beast if he hits his potential. Sustr will be really good steady player but I prefer the bigger upside and more impactful player.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Once again I can't vote for Connolly because he's not a prospect to me. Went with Erne think he can be a beast if he hits his potential. Sustr will be really good steady player but I prefer the bigger upside and more impactful player.

I have my doubts that Connolly will play a strong 2-way game. The talent is there and all the physical tools. But right now he is another Purcell - just happy to be out in the perimeter. If Connolly can get his nose dirty he is legit top 6...just too many question marks for me.

With Sustr - he is same age as Gudas (if memory serves me right) and if the organization felt he was the answer he would not have gottent the 1 year prove it deal. He would have received the 3 year deal - dont think he beats out Gudas in that third pair slot. With Garrison and Stralman on 4 yr terms - don't see minutes for Sustr. The upside is there...whether he realizes it - that is my concern since he won't get the minutes. Shame 'cause in Syracuse he plays in a smaller rink - he would have been dominant there with his size since the Syracuse ice is smaller than NHL regs.

With Erne - he has top 6 Winger potential but would go with top #2C potential than top 6W. It is just higher ranked for me so went with Namestnikov.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I have my doubts that Connolly will play a strong 2-way game. The talent is there and all the physical tools. But right now he is another Purcell - just happy to be out in the perimeter. If Connolly can get his nose dirty he is legit top 6...just too many question marks for me.

With Sustr - he is same age as Gudas (if memory serves me right) and if the organization felt he was the answer he would not have gottent the 1 year prove it deal. He would have received the 3 year deal - dont think he beats out Gudas in that third pair slot. With Garrison and Stralman on 4 yr terms - don't see minutes for Sustr. The upside is there...whether he realizes it - that is my concern since he won't get the minutes. Shame 'cause in Syracuse he plays in a smaller rink - he would have been dominant there with his size since the Syracuse ice is smaller than NHL regs.

With Erne - he has top 6 Winger potential but would go with top #2C potential than top 6W. It is just higher ranked for me so went with Namestnikov.

to me connolly is nothing like purcell. His skill level though is not the greatest as a defender or anything else but in the 11 games last year he was fine defensively not otherworldly or nothing but good enough for the league for sure the effort was there. You see him and vladdy more. To me vladdy has another element than connolly, panik or killorn or some others he makes those he plays with better. Those three are lacking that. I think kucherov has a little of that trait and when he plays with better people that will show up with clutch. I feel vladdy has the palat feature of really driving the line or team mates he plays with.

So connolly will be fine but will not bring that extra element why dont feel he is here for the long run. But the other two I feel the same way about. Better people are coming with bigger toolboxes. Vladdy Drouin etc.. Maybe someone under the radar I expect a big new season for Tanner Richard!!

Now Sustr totally 100% disagree. First 2 of the three main said they like him he will get the minutes and time to prove if he has it. My money is on him. He did a great job in playoffs and at end of the year. Kid is a stud I see him here for the long haul myself.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
to me connolly is nothing like purcell. His skill level though is not the greatest as a defender or anything else but in the 11 games last year he was fine defensively not otherworldly or nothing but good enough for the league for sure the effort was there. You see him and vladdy more. To me vladdy has another element than connolly, panik or killorn or some others he makes those he plays with better. Those three are lacking that. I think kucherov has a little of that trait and when he plays with better people that will show up with clutch. I feel vladdy has the palat feature of really driving the line or team mates he plays with.

So connolly will be fine but will not bring that extra element why dont feel he is here for the long run. But the other two I feel the same way about. Better people are coming with bigger toolboxes. Vladdy Drouin etc.. Maybe someone under the radar I expect a big new season for Tanner Richard!!

Now Sustr totally 100% disagree. First 2 of the three main said they like him he will get the minutes and time to prove if he has it. My money is on him. He did a great job in playoffs and at end of the year. Kid is a stud I see him here for the long haul myself.

Connolly is just like Purcell in that he likes to stay in the perimeter. If you watched any Syracuse you'd know that.

With regards to Sustr - he is on a 1 year and one-way contract. You think he gets minutes over who exactly? (EDIT) Also, somewhere I saw where you put you wanted Sustr to go back to Syracuse and run the PP...what? He is the furthest person I want running the PP. Mobility issues and no shot...passing being suspect. If he makes any money in the NHL is by being a defensive defenseman - not running a PP. Koekkoek and Nesterov will be running the PP at Syracuse from the blue line .... maybe even Sergeev if he gets the ice time. Sustr should be nowhere near the PP.

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Connolly is just like Purcell in that he likes to stay in the perimeter. If you watched any Syracuse you'd know that.

With regards to Sustr - he is on a 1 year and one-way contract. You think he gets minutes over who exactly? (EDIT) Also, somewhere I saw where you put you wanted Sustr to go back to Syracuse and run the PP...what? He is the furthest person I want running the PP. Mobility issues and no shot...passing being suspect. If he makes any money in the NHL is by being a defensive defenseman - not running a PP. Koekkoek and Nesterov will be running the PP at Syracuse from the blue line .... maybe even Sergeev if he gets the ice time. Sustr should be nowhere near the PP.

right hand shot and sustr has ran power play in college. Guy has skills we just aint seen it yet. He will start to show it this year. He didnt really play for syracuse. I know about connolly he got dirty once was playing a bit at times with vladdy. He as at the net. That is what its going to take. I personally do not see panik connolly or killer here for the long haul so doesnt matter to me.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Connolly may play on the perimeter but he isn't afraid to shoot which Purcell was.

Like Robert said Sustr played the PP in college. He's actually more an offensive defenseman then a defensive one, he's tall but not physical like you'd expect from a defensive defenseman. He put up better numbers in college then DeKeyser. I see him beating out Barberio and Gudas for playing time next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad