WHC (Russia) | 2 |2-0-0 | .985 | 0.5 | 1

Tampa Bay Lightning prospect rankings 2014

1. Jonathan Drouin (90.91%)
2. Andrei Vasilevskiy (93.81%)

Last edited:

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Not sure why the criteria being used here would allow graduates like Connolly and Kucherov to qualify for this list. But seeing as how this is a basic exercise, I'm willing to let it slide, and I'll give the edge here to Kucherov.

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Not sure why the criteria being used here would allow graduates like Connolly and Kucherov to qualify for this list. But seeing as how this is a basic exercise, I'm willing to let it slide, and I'll give the edge here to Kucherov.

Kucherov hasn't actually graduated yet, it's after 65 NHL games when a prospect graduates by HF criteria, I think. I included Connolly because he was included in last years polls as well and he still didn't get a full-time spot in the NHL so I thought that if basically nothing has changed about his NHL status, there's no reason to exclude him from this.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Kucherov hasn't actually graduated yet, it's after 65 NHL games when a prospect graduates by HF criteria, I think. I included Connolly because he was included in last years polls as well and he still didn't get a full-time spot in the NHL so I thought that if basically nothing has changed about his NHL status, there's no reason to exclude him from this.

Fair enough. That was my nitpicky side coming out, and I certainly didn't want to come off as whining or criticizing this when it's harmless, at worst.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I agree with keeping Connolly in the list. Even if he'd previously graduated, it's clear he's back to "prospect" status.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Koekkoek has my vote. Guy has some incredible latent talent, if only he could stay healthy

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
After watching him up close...Koekkoek is my pick here. I just see all the tools including the physical side. He is gonna make all those people crying about passing up on Maata look pretty silly real soon.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Koekkoek cah choo

Also, maybe mix the names up for each poll. It seems there's already an "order", if you know what I mean.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Kucherov is the safe pick here, but I like Koekkoek more in this spot, I think. Good skating two-way Dmen don't grow on trees, and I just get the feeling he can be a special player. Kucherov is probably objectively the better prospect, but I don't care. You can't make me vote in a certain way - this isn't the Soviet Union!

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Koekkoek cah choo

Also, maybe mix the names up for each poll. It seems there's already an "order", if you know what I mean.

Yeah, I can mix the names, though I doubt that this early it has affected the results at all (well, maybe bit here).

I voted Kucherov over Koekkoek because of pure potential but Koekkoek could likely end up being the more valuable player in the long run. He reminds a lot of Bouwmeester, if he becomes as good as Jay-Bo, well, that's a great player right there.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Kucherov is the safe pick here, but I like Koekkoek more in this spot, I think. Good skating two-way Dmen don't grow on trees, and I just get the feeling he can be a special player. Kucherov is probably objectively the better prospect, but I don't care. You can't make me vote in a certain way - this isn't the Soviet Union!

In Soviet Russia, prospect votes you!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad