Tampa Bay Lightning OHL Prospects Review

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Any info on Cristiano DiGiacinto? He really seemed to be sketched to be at worst a nice instigator bottom line forward for Syracuse but failed to get a contract. Didn't see him at all last year but judging from his stats he didn't progress on the offensive end probably due to his turn around on the defensive end ... putting up a 30 point turnaround season to season the +/- stat. Any insights there...is he scheduled to come back to Windsor for an overage year?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Any info on Cristiano DiGiacinto? He really seemed to be sketched to be at worst a nice instigator bottom line forward for Syracuse but failed to get a contract. Didn't see him at all last year but judging from his stats he didn't progress on the offensive end probably due to his turn around on the defensive end ... putting up a 30 point turnaround season to season the +/- stat. Any insights there...is he scheduled to come back to Windsor for an overage year?

His skating never really improved to the point where it could be called NHL quality. Solid pest and good in front of the net, but lacks explosiveness to be a pro caliber offensive player IMO.

He should be back to Windsor as an OA and will be part of the team's Memorial Cup run. Could be in for a decent season, but doubt he's much of a pro prospect at this point.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I like our forward prospects going forward. Think we need to improve the D and probably goalie prospects.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I like our forward prospects going forward. Think we need to improve the D and probably goalie prospects.

In two years time we'll have down the middle:

Point (22)
Stephens (21)
Howden (20)
Cirelli (21)

I don't think anyone has that kind of depth down the middle ... some may have some higher top end talent but this is some serious Center depth for Syracuse. In addition, Katchouk, Raddysh, Joseph, and Yan ... yeah Syracuse is setup great in two years time. Don't know if Erne will be a part of this group. He'll probably graduate just as the players from Howden's draft will be ready.

We are missing a high end RHD to complement: Masin, Hajek, and Spencer. That's why I'd love for Steve to pull the trigger on Honka for Bish. 'cause i'd love to see:

Masin/Honka
Hajek/Spencer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad